PDA

View Full Version : North Devon Meet Up ?

cloudbusting
18-01-14, 11:55
I'm originally from Birmingham but moved to North Devon 8 years ago, now living in Bideford.
I'm happily married with a 12 year old daughter (who has moderate disabilities) and a 12 year old stepson, oh and a yampy Jack Russell terrier !
I'm currently job seeking as I have been a full time carer for my daughter for several years now. I also sing in a Kate Bush tribute band !
Hmm, what else ? I love music (obviously), films, don't watch much TV but I like documentaries ... I'm a bit of an 'alternative truth' type (don't let that put you off !).
I would love to meet a few other people who know how this all feels. I have a few good friends but none of them has ever been through this (thank goodness) so it would be amazing to meet some other folks who know the 'wobbles' well !
Cheers ! :yesyes:
Lisa x

cloudbusting
18-01-14, 21:34
No-one at all in North Devon ? :shrug:

cloudbusting
25-01-14, 19:28
Just bumping up ... no one in North Devon but maybe the Southerners could meet halfway ? :winks:

DavidBee
10-03-14, 14:42
Hi cloudbusting,

I joined yesterday, based near Okehampton. I've suffered with spells of panic attacks over the years (I'm 60+) and have recently started a new wave of attacks, probably brought on by a viral throat infection. Doc has put me on beta blockers but they are not really helping.

I run my own business and somehow have to pull myself together long enough to see a client in Barnstaple. If you would like to get together for a non-caff coffee, I'd be more than happy to meet up.

Best wishes,

David.

cloudbusting
12-03-14, 11:30
Hi David

Great to hear from you, I was beginning to feel like the only panicker in the village :winks:

I go to Okehampton quite a bit for band practice so we could even meet there or in Barnstaple, wherever suits.

I hope you're ok, do drop me a line if you fancy that cuppa.

Lisa x

Helen1985
24-03-14, 18:59
Hey there!! Im from barnstaple haha :) Nice to meet you. would be great to have a meet up in the area sometime. x

Fiona*
27-03-14, 15:21
Hey - Im not North Devon, Think Im South - I only moved here September 2012. Im Dawlish - The lovely storm stole our rail tracks lol..
Let me know if your up for meeting, I do drive so not a problem, would love to make some friends

cloudbusting
03-04-14, 16:31
Hi Helen and Fiona !

At last, some folks who aren't too far away ! Well, Dawlish is a bit far but I'm sure that we could sort something out :winks:

Lets do this. I am starting to become agoraphobic and need to get myself out there before I tip too far. I need some new friends who can understand each other. I'll drop you each a message, David too, and see if we can arrange something.

Thanks for getting in touch x