PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

Pet59
18-01-14, 15:52
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else gets this or is it just me and if so is it anxiety.
I sometimes feel like I have to have a big sigh or take a deep breath otherwise I won't be able to take one.....does that even make sense? I find it particularly bad when I am tired and find myself sighing and yawning all the time...as if I can't breath but I actually can....

AnxiousPansa
18-01-14, 17:05
thats absolutely anxiety dont worry about it :) just take slow deep breaths from your diaphragm :)

just_do_it
18-01-14, 20:09
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else gets this or is it just me and if so is it anxiety.
I sometimes feel like I have to have a big sigh or take a deep breath otherwise I won't be able to take one.....does that even make sense? I find it particularly bad when I am tired and find myself sighing and yawning all the time...as if I can't breath but I actually can....

I get this a lot, it triggers panic sometimes too. like yesterday I felt like I couldn't get a deep enough breath, and so I started over breathing and feeling dizzy because of it, and started getting pins and needles in my hands and other parts of me. but then I just thought to myself, mid panic, just let it go, do what u gotta do, as in deep breaths, slow inhale, slow exhale, and feel it all wash away.
I know this isn't what you said happened to you, but I can relate to how you feel, its probably quite common, because your tensed up and worrying about it. relax. your fine :yesyes:

Andrash
18-01-14, 20:12
Breathe, breathe in the air; don't be afraid to care :)

Serious now, it's just a slight touch of anxietitis ;)

Antonio2301
18-01-14, 20:57
Ive had bouts of this through my anxiety over the years . It seems to come and go
but I know exactly what you mean . Its like once you get that satifying breath ,minutes later you need to do it again ? and it never stops ! fortunately I don't have it now
Its just part of your anxiety and it will eventually go
Try some breathing exercises and distract your mind away from thinking about it

Nothing to worry about though

Pet59
19-01-14, 06:04
I often find this happens, along with intrusive thoughts, when I am absolutely exhausted. So last night, I took myself off to bed at 9.30 and slept right the way through until 6am. What a difference a full nights sleep makes and no alcohol!!
Thank you soooo much for all your replies. Also had a conversation with a friend who is attending CBT and think I may well give it a go. Getting ready to take this head on!!!

fruity
19-01-14, 07:02
anxiety