PDA

View Full Version : worries about blood pressure

Bexx1
18-01-14, 16:57
So I went to the doctors the other week and my blood pressure is fine. But a friend was telling me about how when she is nervous her blood pressure gets really high. Now Im worried about getting high blood pressure because im constantly anxious. I keep thinking well what if I worry so much about my blood pressure I make it high and then what because isnt high blood pressure very dangerous? can someone put my mind to rest? thank you

Annie0904
18-01-14, 17:44
The doctor has told you it is fine so be reassured with that. I am constantly anxious but my bp is low.

Bexx1
18-01-14, 19:34
So I cant make my blood pressure dangerous simply through being anxious?

nomorepanic
18-01-14, 19:49
If you are really worried about this then I would talk to your doctor and he/she "may" do a 24 hour BP monitor to check it but I doubt you can make it high all the time to be honest.

Bexx1
18-01-14, 20:07
Well when I went she said my blood pressure was perfectly normal but I am just scared of my anxiety making it high in the future

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I should also probably mention I am 17 years old and quite skinny

Annie0904
18-01-14, 23:02
I really wouldn't worry about it Bexx. It is not going to increase your bp much. Other factors are more likely to affect it more such as diet & lifestyle. At your age and especially if you are slim then you will be fine.