PDA

View Full Version : lymph nodes!!!! advice please

frazzled
18-01-14, 17:12
Hi there,
i have suffered health anxiety and depression for probably as long as i can remember. i am currently on mirtazapine 45mg and diazapam 5mg. Just after Christmas i noticed two small round moveable lumps under my neck. i went to the doctor who said that it was probably from a cold etc. a few days later i began with a sore throat. But the sore throat has gone and the lumps are still there. i went on google and it is in the sub mandibular region. i have checked various other peoples throats and they also have the same lumps, but not as large as mine. are they salivary glands that i feel.
I have now became manic over all my lymph nodes and feel that my groin is aching. i have prodded around and have felt a few small shotty nodes which i have read is normal. but im panic stricken. i am seeing the doctor on monday but feel embarrassed because i have seen her over the last year over a variety of issues. does anyone else have these problems, i just need some advice as im driving people around me nuts!

thanks

worrieraz
18-01-14, 18:11
I have an enlarged submandibular node. Have had it for awhile and had an ultrasound last week. Doctor does not seems worried about it, though I have read that the only way to tell for sure is through a biopsy so I am in the same boat as you.

namoplus
18-01-14, 19:55
submandibular nodes can remain swollen for ever! mine is still there after having serious GERD, after checking my dad's nodes I ve been convinced that they are normal. mine was very large about 2-3 cm. now it is 1-2 cm.
I have pain in my left groin too, and I can feel tiny hard nodes there.