PDA

View Full Version : Can nodes stay fixed?

LunaLiuna
18-01-14, 17:13
Helloooo, question for everyone :)

I've had a fixed node under my ear next to my jaw for couple of months now. I only noticed it when I first starting prodding around there.

I've had multiple infections in that ear in the past and even a perforated ear drum, is it possible it's stayed fixed since then and I've only just noticed it recently? it does get sore but I'm pretty sure that's cause I constantly poke and fiddle with it.

I had five or six different blood tests a couple of months ago as well around November and they came back fine.

the node on the opposite side is tiny, but the ones above my ears are around the 1cm range, same as every other node (groin ect)

Thank you :blush:

almamatters
18-01-14, 17:17
I have had three enlarged nodes behind my left ear for about 18 months, I don't know why they swelled up originally and I wonder if they will ever go down. I think once your GP has done certain blood tests and they are fine, then they just tell you to ignore them. Mine seem to get sore the more I fiddle with them, so I just leave them alone nowadays . x

LunaLiuna
18-01-14, 17:19
He didn't do specific tests for the nodes because I noticed them a week or two after I had seen him, but I guess I would have had a high white blood count if something was wrong ?

Like I said it could of been there for a while.

Andrash
18-01-14, 17:26
Yes they can, and they usually do.

almamatters
18-01-14, 17:36
Sorry I didn't mean any specific blood tests, I meant normal FBC's and I was told that as my white blood count was normal then no further tests were needed.

Fishmanpa
18-01-14, 17:39
To answer your question... Yes.. a normal lymph node is about 1cm give or take and be that way for life. Of course, poking and prodding will irritate them and cause them to swell. I know you haven't been doing that right? ;)

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
18-01-14, 17:45
It's just fixed so yeah, my jaw may be irritating it a bit as well. but it feels like the muscle that it's like slightly under is all fibrous? (if that makes sense)