PDA

View Full Version : Hyperventilation because of fear

atonement
18-01-14, 20:15
Hello!

I am new in this forum and I thought about sharing my story. I had never faced hyperventilation in my whole life except if I walk too fast up to three years back. I was obese since my teenage; almost 20kg more. Three years back I joined a gym and started exercises. It was a gym without any trainer. There was a supervisor who told me how to use them or for how much time. At the end, I use to go to gym for one month and then stopped because my exams were approaching. Just two days before exam, my nose got seriously blocked at night. I was unable to breathe. I tried to take steam but did not help. Next day I went to a doctor and he gave me a a list of medicines including an inhaler. That day I used it and felt a very fast heartbeat problem. It grew so much that I had to skip my exams and admitted in the hospital very next day.

Now the problem is whenever I had to go somewhere or plan anything big, I start to have a serious hyperventilation problem and I felt really scared. I tried to keep telling me "I am not going anywhere" or "Tomorrow is nothing" etc to cope with this fear and it helped as well most of the time.

But the weird part is that when I actually do the thing, I do not feel fear at all or hyperventilation. It is just one night ago, my mind becomes unable to be controlled and I feel extreme fear of tomorrow.

freckles.o
19-01-14, 00:28
Hi,
I completely understand how u feel. My panic attacks are triggered from a number of different things, sometimes from hyperventilation, sometimes from palpitations, othertimes it is from me freaking myself out about other health issues always thinking I will die because of it. I too get the dry blocked nose and I stress myself because I think I cant breahe properly because my nostrils dont seem to me to be expressing air when I try. Concenteating on whatever physical symptom is panicing me leads then to a full blown panic attack. I understand that u went to your doctor, have u considered making an appointment with someone to discuss how u feel or are u happy to try control yourself through your positive affirmations?