PDA

View Full Version : Sudden NORMAL blood pressure

robin321
18-01-14, 21:02
Without rehashing everything, I had high blood pressure at the docs and was told to take it myself at home for a month.

BP is a fear of mine. I noticed when I take the readings, they always drop big time after the first reading.

At first my avg was 143, then 135. Now I m always in the low 120's. The other night I even got 113.

I switched the batteries, since I was worried it was the machine. I got the same reading. I switched arm. Same.

Is it because I am over my fear? Should I believe it?

anxietygal
18-01-14, 22:05
My white coat was so bad that I seemed to develop "blood pressure phobia" and would get elevated readings even at home. And I would feel my pulse shoot up just getting out my blood pressure machine. But after a week or so, my readings settled down and went to what they truly were. Sounds like the same is happening to you. After my doctor was satisfied that I didn't have high blood pressure, I stopped taking readings at home because it was an obsession and any off reading would throw me off-kilter.

Now, if I take a one - off reading, I get worried about it and the first one will be really high but if I take a second and third reading a few minutes apart, they are lower. So I just try to resist the urge and never take any readings except the day before a doctor's appointment. I do that just so that I don't worry so much about getting my blood pressure checked there and then it's usually not as high.

Hope this helps!

robin321
18-01-14, 22:08
Thanks. It does help! That sounds like me.
My readings used to be in this range, until one high reading (2 yrs ago). I think my body learned to fear it so much, but is now getting used to it. O hope so anyway!

Fishmanpa
18-01-14, 23:00
That's a huge positive and a victory over the Dragon you should take to the bank! Great going!

Positive thoughts