PDA

View Full Version : I love my cats

ElizabethJane
18-01-14, 22:06
I love my cats. They know when I'm feeling down and depressed. They come to find me and sleep on me purring and dribbling although not both together. The little one comes and sits by the wood burner when I light it. Every time very unusual. Perhaps it is the smell of the wood or matches or the firefighters. My older cat hates men except my son and husband. I was asleep this morning in bed and my shopping had arrived. Before the door bell had been rung she ran off the bed and hid herself. My cats love my bed although they are not usually allowed on it. The little one loves dirty washing not mine but my husband and sons. He bites it and kicks at it I wonder why? He is a friendly and affectionate neutered tom cat. He is almost too soppy for his own good.

Annie0904
18-01-14, 22:19
EJ it was lovely to read about your cats, as you know I love cats too and mine are real little characters :)

MRS STRESS ED
18-01-14, 22:38
I know what you mean I have two dogs. I love them to bits they help me so much ,I had a cat awhile ago he was a little terror but so cute ,I love animals they give us so much pleasure :D

Tessar
18-01-14, 23:15
Hey EJ, I am 100% with u on this..... My cat is great, she can b feisty & loving too. But she's my little baby even if she is naughty sometimes.
I had a cat years back (when I lived at home ) & it loved my fathers shirts! When he took them off She'd paw them & nuzzle her head in them!
When I was growing up, my cat was my best friend. She was always loving. Always there for me. She kept me from going insane I swear.

TooMuchToLiveFor
18-01-14, 23:19
What a lovely post about your kitties! Made me miss my own sweet, Gabriel, that passed on in November of 2010. So glad you have them. :)

anthrokid
22-02-14, 12:39
Haha, oh my goodness our kitten is the same with dirty washing. Again, not mine but my partner's. Whenever he takes his shirt off for bed she rolls around in it, scratches and kicks it and just has a proper good time!

Tessar
23-02-14, 20:50
One of my cats used to do the whole in love with dirty washing thing with my day's shirts!

Zingything
23-02-14, 21:38
Hi EJ, I too have two lovely little cats who I adore to bits. They are sisters and 17 years old now but are as funny and energetic as ever.

One of them is also fond of dirty laundry, in particular she loved to get my husband's socks from the basket and drag them around the house howling at them. Often we would come home from work to find a number of socks waiting for us in the hallway, no cats in sight. Nowadays she does the same thing with my slippers. I spend ages looking for them and find them usually in different rooms in corners or under furniture, she's so funny.

They both have very different personalities and give me lots of love and amusement. I do spoil them though. I'm glad that you too have your cats who love you as much as you love them. xx

PanchoGoz
23-02-14, 21:49
I have one cat at home. I love it when he's sleepy and stretchy and stringy, he looks like he is in bliss.

blue moon
24-02-14, 13:05
Hi EJ:DI have now got a dog,we haved moved to a house with a front and back fence,so my husband finally caved in I went to the animal rescue centre and found a beautiful 12 month old Labrador her name was Penny but I called her Rhana,she is microchipped,desexed and vaccinated.She is toilet trained and well behaved (so far).....Oh the joy is giving me it is wonderful I just thought I would share this with you all.

Petra x:D

Tessar
24-02-14, 14:32
that's pretty cool petra. how lovely to give an animal another chance. i bet rhana is pretty happy with the situation too! i love happy endings although this of course is just the beginning!

Fishmanpa
25-02-14, 00:32
We have a Pixie Bob. "Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses" is his full legal name. We just call him Socrates. 3.5 years old and weighs 15lbs. He's a big solid boy and an absolute sweetheart. They call Pixie Bobs dogs in cat clothes and his demeanor and behavior certainly fits that description. He loves water, rides in the truck, walks on a harness, plays fetch etc. Chirps and chatters as opposed to meowing.

I got him at 8 weeks from a breeder in Texas (Bobcat Legends). I can't tell you how much he means to both my fiance' and I. When I was so sick with cancer, he comforted me more than I can tell you.

Positive thoughts

GingerFish
07-03-14, 19:57
I love my pets too. Last week I lost one of my cats and its honestly been one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever went through. I still have 2 (Rambo and Nibbler) and my Yorkie Toby but there was always be a wee space in my heart missing now Mylo is gone.

My pets are my life. When I was ill with grief when Mylo was out to sleep, I had terrible sickness and diarrhea due to nerves and Nibbler saw me crying and guarding the bathroom door for me and then when I was crying in pain she came up and sat on my knees while I was on the toilet and let me pet her while the pain passed. They definitely sense when something is wrong with you and they care and they show it in their own cute wee ways.

Zingything
07-03-14, 20:24
Gingerfish I am very sorry about Mylo, I know how you are feeling. I'm glad Rambo and Nibbler are looking after you :hugs: xx

GingerFish
07-03-14, 20:40
Gingerfish I am very sorry about Mylo, I know how you are feeling. I'm glad Rambo and Nibbler are looking after you :hugs: xx

Thanks. It really means a lot to find people who actually understand how sad it is to lose a pet :hugs: x

Zingything
07-03-14, 20:53
I too was heartbroken when I had to have my cat put to sleep. It was the hardest thing to do but as she had cancer it was the only option. She is buried in the back garden. My husband made a little box for her and wrapped her in a favourite blanket. I still miss her terribly but of course it does get easier.
I have two other cats, both now 17 years old and they are my world. They trash the furniture, throw up fur balls all over the place and dribble on me when I am asleep in bed. I wouldn't swap them though hahaha. xxxx

ElizabethJane
09-03-14, 16:51
Oh Zingy that is lovely but so sad. I have an old cat that mews if she cannot find me or see me. My little one Bertie has been clawing the curtains so he has been banned!!EJ