PDA

View Full Version : worried about neck cancer

Alex94
19-01-14, 10:25
hi,

for a few days I'm terribly worried that I may have neck cancer... at first I thought about lymph glands and lymphoma, but there's no lump so I managed to conclude myself that it's pretty impossible. But then I noticed that when I tighten my neck in a certain way, one side looks bigger than the other one. and then all hell broke loose.

I may add that I have MS and occassionaly my neck muscles are really tight (not sure whether I could call it stiffness or not) and it may be an MS symptom..

Basically, I don't have any particular symptoms, just when I stand in front of the mirror I start to check, touch and worry:weep: any advice or help, please?

Fishmanpa
19-01-14, 15:00
Don't stand in front of the mirror and check? ;) You said in your post you have no symptoms and your MS sometimes caused stiffness so what exactly is your worry?

Positive thoughts

Alex94
19-01-14, 15:19
my problem is that I feel as if there was something there, as if my neck was asymmetric. I know it's irrational, but I don't know how to stop thinking about it.

The thing is, when I have MS symptoms I know they are caused by this disease and they don't surprise me. But when something new occurrs (or I think it occurrs, although in real it may be nothing), then I start to look for worst-case scenarios

namoplus
19-01-14, 15:37
One side of my neck is larger too, I guess everyone is like this .

Fishmanpa
19-01-14, 16:03
No one is perfectly symmetrical. It's a fact of medical science. Nor are we smooth as glass. We have bumps and crevices all over our bodies. With 500-700 lymph nodes, someone is bound to see or feel one now and again. We also are going have pains and niggles every day. Rarely, does anyone of adult age, go without them.

Positive thoughts

Alex94
19-01-14, 16:11
thank you all for your posts, it really helps