PDA

View Full Version : Panicking Now

Pansy
19-01-14, 13:16
Been a bit jittery over the last 24hrs, managed to keep it in control. Just 2 mins ago it just burst out. Feeling so tensed up, like I'm going to burst. Heart isn't really fast, just a big thump I can feel all over. Felt a bit waffy just now, like I'm going to faint, but that seems to have gone. I talked myself down a bit and convined myself that's all it is.......a panic attack.
Just feel like everything is getting on top of me at work and at home, and I feel like I can't cope with it.

Sat here for a few minutes looking at this post, and reading other posts. Starting to feel a bit better, less overwhelmed. I think I might make a list of what I need to do and just work through it slowly.

Thank you for listening, it's good to know I'm not alone. Hope things aren't too bad for you at the moment.

spuder
19-01-14, 13:21
U might wanna go and see your gp and tell him or her about it they might offer u CBT or tablets. Have u any nature sounds CDs or relax music that's what I do when I have a panic attack I put my CDs on and take slow deep breaths hope I've helped u lots off hugs to u xxxxxxxxx

Tanner40
19-01-14, 13:33
Hi there, Pansy. Congratulations on talking yourself down from the panic attack. That's a big step and one that you should be proud of accomplishing. What techniques did younuse to talk yourself down? I generally find that writing down my anxious thoughts and seeing where they are irrational helps me. I replace the irrational thoughts with rational ones. I learned this through CBT and it really helps.

Also, a great idea to write down the things that need to be done. Don't forget to write down the things that you want to do. I always make sure to do something just for me. It's very important to put yourself on that priority list. You're worth it.

Again, great job on talking yourself down today.

Pansy
19-01-14, 20:56
Thanks guys for your kind words of encouragement.
Tanner......I really just said out loud something like 'this is a panic attack. It will not kill you. You have had them before and survived.' I kept saying it over and over again.
I find if I write a to-do list, things don't seem to overwhelm me, I tick each one off as I complete the task. Strangely, when things are written down they don't seem that urgent anymore so I don't get wound up.

Spuder.........CD's sound a good idea, might try that. Yes, your kind words have helped.

Thanks again.

spuder
19-01-14, 21:29
That's good to hear yeah u can buy panic attack help CDs from Amazon