PDA

View Full Version : Heart spasms

mummyanxious
19-01-14, 13:57
Does anyone get quick spasms in their heart muscle? I keep getting twitches that are painful like a squeeze. They don't last and they're not like a palpitation. Its hard to describe. I don't know if I should drag myself back down the dr again for no reason but I'm worried there's something wrong with the left side of my heart.

Tanner40
19-01-14, 14:05
I get these, Mummy. Anxiety related and muscular.

mummyanxious
19-01-14, 14:27
Your actual heart? Have you ever been told what they are? Are they anything to worry about?

Tanner40
19-01-14, 14:29
I've had an EKG when I felt that way and it was nothing to worry about. Costochondritis and chest wall tightness causing the spasms.

mummyanxious
19-01-14, 14:31
So not in your actual heart then? The pain definitely is my heart spasming

Tanner40
19-01-14, 14:33
I'm not a physician, Mummy. I can't tell the difference between chest wall muscle spasms and heart spasms. No one here can diagnose you. If you feel you need A&E, you should certinly have it checked out.

anxious_thoughts
19-01-14, 16:40
I've felt that before, too! It sometimes takes my breathe away because at times it comes out of nowhere. I've had them for about 3 years now but I noticed that when I was younger I would get them but now they're more common and usually happens when I'm in a anxious state. At first it feels like a burp is coming up, but then it's like a big twitch right in the centre of my chest. But like I said, I've noticed they do worsen when my anxiety is up.

Definitely could be related to anxiety, do you notice them worsening when you're anxious? Last year I went to the Dominican Republic and for the entire week I felt no anxiety symptoms including the twitch in my chest, I was very relaxed. Goes to show what anxiety can do to your body.

clover1201
19-01-14, 19:00
I have. Its like a sharp intense split second pain that shoots through your heart.....very scary.

mummyanxious
20-01-14, 07:08
Mine can be anywhere in my heart region, usually slightly off centre to the left. It feels like its contracting hard or something. I watch people jumping about on tele fit as fleas and wish I could do that. I can't just let go because if I do my heart rate will be all over the place. I've not done any formal excercise for a year as I'm scared of the effect it'll have.

---------- Post added at 07:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

I've seen mention of coronary artery spasms and I'm worried that's what's happening. Especially with this other pain I'm getting in my chest frequently under my armpit like a full crampy squeezing burning feeling