PDA

View Full Version : seeing small flashes and shadows

Leighroy
19-01-14, 15:52
Hey guys, ive been diagnosed with health anxiety by gp and since october last year ive experienced an array of symptoms. The scariest ones so far are the ones that are messing with my eyes. I went to the optician on friday last week and she said my eye health is fine but has referred me to the hospital (due to strabismus surgery I had 18 months ago.)

Ive been seeing small flashes and shadows, the only way I can describe them is if you look at a light source and then look away. Ive also seen a small portion of something in red as though im looking through coloured stained glass, this has only happened on one occasion but was extremely scary. I also get an aching feeling at the back of my neck, base of my skull which the doctor has put down to tension and the anxiety

Im really worried that this could be a brain tumor or something along those lines despite being told otherwise by several different doctors.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?

HealthAnxiety12
19-01-14, 20:00
Yes, I've been seeing flashes and shadows as well. I don't have a brain tumor.

Leighroy
19-01-14, 20:38
Thanks for the reply, these are quite scary symptoms but relieved that someone else has also experienced them.

Thanks for the reassurance