PDA

View Full Version : Pin feeling In my body all over

Gazmoz74
19-01-14, 16:46
Does anyone else get this horrible feeling like pins being stuck in your body it's so uncomfortableit seems worse when I'm thinking about my anxiety and what I might have thank you

IrishLondon
19-01-14, 22:59
Hi there

I've just started getting exactly this. It started a few weeksbefore christmas.

Sometimes it feels like pin pricking feeling mostly on my chest, stomach and back. And sometimes it feels like burning or a prickly itch.

I usually wake up in the morning and its fine. But it starts after my shower and stays with me throughout work until I get home at night.

I've googled all sorts of things and have made my worry that it could be any number of things

I have noticed it usually disappears for a while when i exercise or when i have a few drinks so maybe it's the fact that i'm relaxing that helps it.

It do it hate it though - so distracting at work. Hope things get better for you.

TooMuchToLiveFor
19-01-14, 23:04
Numbness or tingling in hands and feet (or other parts of the body) -Taken from symptoms link on the left side of the page.

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Hope this helps! :)

IrishLondon
21-01-14, 00:00
Thank you for this. That is very helpful.

i normally feel pretty good when i wake up but it quickly arrives and hits random parts of my body at different times throughout the day. This randomness makes me think it is more likely to be anxiety. Thanks v much for your explanation

EKB
21-01-14, 00:09
I get that too... Even in my tongue once in awhile which is the weirdest thing. That one actually makes me laugh because I think to myself "Now this is just bonkers... Pins and needles in my tongue?!" But yeah, it happens!

TooMuchToLiveFor
21-01-14, 00:41
I get it mainly in my left arm, both thighs, and face. TOTALLY ANNOYING and CRAZY UNCOMFORTABLE....., but not dangerous.

CBT Training can help in dealing with these type of symptoms. The farther down Recovery Road I get- the less "tingles" and pins and needles. :)