PDA

View Full Version : Update and unexpected benefit money huh?!?

agneskrob
19-01-14, 18:20
Hello everyone,

I have posted on here recently regarding my ATOS medical which I had on the 9th of January. I haven't heard anything yet from them regarding my assessment but as it hasn't even been two weeks yet I wasn't expecting to hear anything for a while. My CBT councellor has put me in touch with a charity that helps people with mental illness with things like benefit, so I'm hopefully going to be able to see the lady tomorrow if my anxiety/agoraphobia doesn't stop me from going out. I was going to ask her for general advice what do I do once my ATOS results come in.

Then today an odd thing happened. I checked my account online and there is a payment from DWP for around £530?!?! This has really surprised me as I normally get about £143 every two weeks so I have no idea what this is. I have had no contact from them about this money so am really scratching my head. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? With my anxiety I find making telephone conversations very difficult as I get very nervous but I guess I will have to try and ring them tomorrow. I may see if the charity lady can help me ring, I know that sounds ridiculous but I get very anxious on the phone.

If anyone has any advice or ideas I would be grateful to hear anything. Hope everyone is well and having an allright weekend.

Thanks for your help and take care,
Agnes