PDA

View Full Version : really struggling see no end

BeckyBop
19-01-14, 18:31
Hi all
I feel very sad to have to post this but I am really struggling with physical symptoms of anxiety. Even though I have had a check up and know my breathing is fine I am still struggling to breathe and I am fed up of having to deal with it every day! Now I have really bad muscle tension which is even making it difficult to go to the loo. I feel so despaired every time I feel better something else happens. I struggle to see an end to this horror.

Fishmanpa
19-01-14, 18:42
Becky,

I didn't see it in previous posts but are you getting any therapy for your anxiety? If not, it's something you really should find a way to do. Even if you start with the free CBT offered here. Anything to start you on the journey of becoming a Dragon Slayer will at least give you a sense of direction and help with the feelings of hopelessness. When I was diagnosed, it seemed like forever before treatment started. In reality, it was 4 months which is a long time to allow the cancer to grow. When I finally did start, it was such a sense of relief and empowerment to actually be able to wield a sword against the beast. The same thing applies here.

Also... did you say yes to going on that trip to Oxford? I sure hope so! :)

Positive thoughts

Leighroy
19-01-14, 18:43
I Think its safe to say that most of us if not all have been or are currently feeling exactly the same. Just last week while at work I experienced one of my visual symptoms and I too felt this way, I just wanted to break down and cry.

Its a horrible thing to have to go through. Keep your chin up and fight it all the way. Thats all we can do.

BeckyBop
19-01-14, 18:44
Hi fishmanpa
I am on two counselling waiting lists and I use the free CBT programme here. I did say yes to going on that trip x

LunaLiuna
19-01-14, 18:51
I think we all feel this way Becky, I've struggled for three years. But I'm still going so I'm sure you can too :D

Fishmanpa
19-01-14, 18:52
Hi fishmanpa
I am on two counselling waiting lists and I use the free CBT programme here. I did say yes to going on that trip x

Cool! Good for you! :)

In the CBT course, book three, there's an exercise that helps to overcome the feelings of tension you're having. I use it myself. You're feeling tense and it makes you feel you can't move or do something. My neck gets that way from nerve issues due to surgery. The exercise helps you to recognize and eliminate the tension by not trying to fight it. Quite helpful.

Positive thoughts

BeckyBop
19-01-14, 19:04
thanks fishmanpa and I will keep fighting! x