PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

periwinkleblues
19-01-14, 20:15
Hello everyone!

I've spent pretty much the whole of my adult life struggling through and hiding away as much as possible but I've had a few changes in my life recently and have kind of decided that now is the time to do something about it.

I'm sure I have social anxiety (and bi-polar to some degree), though I've never been formally diagnosed. Problem is, I'm always been too nervous to go to the doctor! I've always managed to cope simply by avoiding what I need to but I have a man in my life now and, quite reasonably, he would like me to meet his family and friends. I've been putting it off for almost a year and it has gradually dawned on my that I need to sort myself out, for all of our sakes! :)

With that said, I've booked myself an appointment with a counsellor next week (not sure if or how it will help!) and I'm making a real effort to do all those things I usually avoid. One of those, funnily enough, is posting in forums, so here I am!

That wasn't so bad, now, was it?!?

Antonio2301
19-01-14, 20:43
:welcome:periwinkleblues
Absolutley not no , it wasn`t that bad !

I`m sure they're many people on the forum who have the same problem as you with social anxiety . I`m sure you will get plenty of help and support here :-)

I`m sure your appointment with the counsellor will help and good luck with it , you are at least making steps to recovery ! :yesyes:

All the best
Antonio

almamatters
20-01-14, 18:21
Hi :welcome: to the forum. Sure you will find loads of help and support on here.

periwinkleblues
21-01-14, 19:09
Thanks guys! This week hasn't been as successful as I'd hoped so far. Still... onwards and upwards. Think it has just made me more determined to keep my appointment! :)

MRS STRESS ED
21-01-14, 19:14
Thanks guys! This week hasn't been as successful as I'd hoped so far. Still... onwards and upwards. Think it has just made me more determined to keep my appointment! :)

Thats the way keep going good luck x

Antonio2301
21-01-14, 22:32
Absolutely , at least you're showing determination periwinkle ! :bighug1: