PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive nerves anyone else get this.

KLP
19-01-14, 23:17
I've had what I thought to be the best day so far, it just so happened to be my sons 2nd birthday. But I lying in bed trying to settle and I can feel my nerves throughout my whole body, especially when gently placing my tips of my fingers together, I get involuntary clicks from inside my fingers aside a strong pulse. Still get muscle twitches in various places/parts of my body. Can this be the case even though I'm not anxious. The nerve thing is ongoing but particularly strong this evening. :wall:

barrym
19-01-14, 23:26
Have had this a lot over last 4/5 weeks where all the nerves seem to be oversensitive. The muscle twitching is bloody annoying also. Hope you feel better soon, the strange symptoms of anxiety, aren't they just great :)

PanchoGoz
20-01-14, 09:59
This is typical of anxiety...if you think of it as part of your defence mechanism, if you are lying anxious somewhere like in your bed at dark, your primal instincts may be expecting a poisonous scorpian, snake or spider to sneak into your bed. Therefore your senses are heightened so you are set to leap out of bed at the slightest touch in case it is a nasty creature who wants you for dinner! So just fight or flight doing its job, be thankful to it, welcome it but tell it its not needed and have a wiggle and a boogie to get some energy out. It might help to read a book before bed too or play mind games when the light goes off.

ghill901
20-01-14, 10:12
This is my ongoing problem. I am left with constant sensitivity, eye twitching, hot flushes in my scalp etc......any tips etc that other have would be most grateful

KLP
20-01-14, 12:36
Pancho, it's 24/7, just more obvious when still? Which I could just wiggle it off!! :)

Ghill, how long have you had it ongoing? Thanks

Annie0904
20-01-14, 12:43
When you are anxious you have a highly sensitive nervous system. My physio said that is the reason I feel pain more than most people.

KLP
20-01-14, 12:49
But these days I'm a lot more chilled and feel very little anxiety, but my bodies telling me different?