PDA

View Full Version : 2 months on with twitches & now this ...im getting scared now ..

pepsi
20-01-14, 07:38
Hello all ...2 months ago i started to twitch it was quite bad to go from nothing like it to that was horrible back shoulders legs toes lips scalp calves ..i got my self in a right state but they have calmed down. They are still here especially in the mornings &:during the day one will fire off but im learning to just accept them..im not loosing strenth in arms or falling over so i know it cant be ALS. On occasion and last night i was reading in bed totally relaxed and my head starts to feel heavy so i lay down i was just going over the days events in my head and then like my other feelings of twitching my head did it...like a tick ..its not the first time its not like a drifting off to sleep jolt im familiar with those...it sent worry and fear through my body what is going on ...i wasnt anxious if they start in my head like that im reverting back to think i have something sinister and i dont want to go there again....has anyone experienced this .? Tnx for reading any replies will be appriciated :wacko:

RoseEve
20-01-14, 16:31
I get twitching in my head all the time. In fact I had it this morning. I'm beginning to accept these twitches are annoying not ALS.

pepsi
20-01-14, 17:38
Hi roseeve...was yours a visable twitch by where your head movedv...because that waw what happened to me not so much an under the skin one ....also when i tense my jaw up and it pulls on my neck muscles my whole neck starts twitching badly and my chin.

MrAndy
20-01-14, 19:28
Twitching is a normal part of anxiety,stop worrying about it and it will eventually go away

RVP
20-01-14, 19:33
I've had twitches in my temple, head and eye-lid.
My head twitching lasted for god knows how long but it did eventually go away

RoseEve
20-01-14, 19:34
You could see it but I also have twitches which is more vibritatons in my head leg and hand that you can't see. I get both.

Keepcalm71
27-01-14, 22:39
I had a tongue twitch for a month, had blood tests, stopped worrying and it went. Still get some in stomach and calves. It's strange but not ALS, anxiety makes your head feel weird in all sorts of ways. Hope you feel better soon, exercise might help you, it definitely stops my anxiety.

Andrash
27-01-14, 23:09
Most of anxiety sufferers (generally, not just HA) develop BFS. It's anxiety related disorder, like indigestion or acid reflux. ALS/MND is about not being able to do what you want to do-speak, swallow, breathe, open jars, climb stairs, type and so on.

Edmonton28
28-01-14, 03:23
This happens to me all the time as well. It's actually one of the less stressful symptoms (I find), as far as they go anyways. More annoying than anything. Also keep in mind, depending on the medications you are taking (if any) for anxiety it could be that. I know I find that when coming off clonazapam before I find myself needing to take more, that the muscle twitching is worse.