PDA

View Full Version : The power of our brain

willous1
20-01-14, 12:29
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. I was having a good think and thought if post this.

Up until today I did not quite realise how powerful are thoughts and brain are. When you think about all the things we've convinced ourselves we have we should really.

I was walking towards my local shop this morning and as I wasn't concentrating brushed a car with my arm. I then started thinking about brain tumours, alzheimers etc as I've read google symptoms in the past and guess what. Since them I have felt dizzy, unable to walk without feeling off balance etc.

So basically that has helped me in a way as our brains are convincing us we have certain problems and are so powerful that the symptoms seem real. Therefore we should realise what it can make us feel.

Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?

helenclaire
20-01-14, 12:55
HI,

Definitely agree with this, I find if im busy and thinking about something else I am fine, but as soon as I start thinking about my health I start to get symptoms, which then turns into full blown panic.:shrug:

LunaLiuna
20-01-14, 13:13
I agree with this, I jump to conclusions usually aswell, like I'll be sitting in a room and smell burning. I'll immediately start to panic before the thoughts even come into my head that I'm sat in front of a fire hahah. it seems soo stupid but so real at the time :)

I'm sure I wouldn't feel as bad as I do sometimes if I never had googled!

I've had the walking thing as well, always when I think about it :)

matrix123
20-01-14, 16:38
Anxiety has made me realize the power of the brain. I've had lots of symptoms and I'm sure most of them at least are from anxiety.

Still I'm "sure" that I have MS, BT or something sinister...

Worriedwellornot
20-01-14, 19:00
I had the same thing last week when I read that the great actor Roger Lloyd Pack had sadly died of pancreatic cancer. At the moment I read the article my stomach contracted and I had severe stomach pains. A minute beforehand I was fine. This tells me that the mind has a huge influence over the body. PanCan is my main HA at the moment and it's all over the media.