PDA

View Full Version : Scared stiff

kellylou89
20-01-14, 13:10
I have just been feeling around my neck because i have 2 swollen nodes and was checking enacse there was more :/
I found a lump that i cant quite feel the size of because whenever i do it moves it feels almost squishy but its really unerved me!! This will be 4 in total :weep: .. I have one i got when i had glandular fever when i was a child that hasnt ever gone down and ive had it for atleast 8yrs, i have one behind my ear which i have had since last yr! I do have trouble with wax build up and recently had a bad ear infection/build up so not sure if that could be why?
And then a pee sized one in the side of my neck and now this one!!!
My mind is racing CANCER I have had to leavemy lunch i cant bring myself to eat it im shaking and a wreck i have work in an hour and all i can think is i could have the C and not know it :weep:

I have just gotten over a bad cold/sinus infection which i still have q bit of a stuffy nose and full ear from aswell as a bit of (sorry to put it like this) yellowy/green discharge when i blow my nose
I keep thinking a simple cold cant make so many nodes come up its got to be more sinister!

LunaLiuna
20-01-14, 13:18
Normal nodes are between 0.5-2cm the fact that yours are moveable and squishy is great as well! they sound fine to me. I have one under my ear thats hard and immovable and I'm still fine :) I've had it since I perforated my ear drum, I've had bloods done as well which were fine :)

Like you've said your just getting out of multiple infections, it's normal for your body to respond this way :)

Fishmanpa
20-01-14, 13:24
I've had H&N cancer. What you describe does not present as cancer. The fact you've had them for over a year and up to 8 years logically shows that.

Positive thoughts

kellylou89
20-01-14, 13:34
Thankyou both for your replies!! I need to stop checking as ive even just thought part of the neck muscle was suspicious! But cant stop myself

LunaLiuna
20-01-14, 13:36
I know how you feel, I even used a ruler to check mine when I was at my worst. You'll be fine :)

I used an elastic band to flick myself every time I thought about checking :)

kellylou89
20-01-14, 13:41
Can see me doing that to be honest .. Aww i need to find away to stop me from doing it too ... It dont help i work around chemicals with cleaning fluids due to been a cleaNER and i keep thinking maybe breathing something in is giving me C
and our supervisor is always mentioning C as unfortunately shes had it an so has her granddaughter and son in law so it keeps making me think