PDA

View Full Version : pregnant, sick, not eating, anxiety

miss_moose
20-01-14, 13:37
I'm feeling really stressed and I'm struggling so much, I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I started suffering with really bad morning/all day sickness around week 9. My doctor prescribed me anti sickness tablets, iI started feeling better a week ago and stopped taking them, then started being sick again.

On Saturday, i went to the inlaws for tea, but found I couldn't eat anything, I was trying but was only taking the tiniest bites and couldnt swallow even though I was hungry. Then I got diareah and bad stomach cramps, worse because I wasn't in my own home, on the way home in the car I was so empty and starving, and as a result I was physically sick twice. I always getsick when imI'm hungry, even before pregnancy, no one would believe me and my GP said its anxiety and just gave me citalopram, which doesn't help the hunger sickness.

Since Saturday I've struggled to eat, I've been in a constant state of anxiety and I don't know what to do. My husband told me to ask the doctor if I can up my dose of citalopram but not to say how much I'm struggling in case they think I won't cope with my baby.

Were supposed to be going to new York in 8 weeks, but I just don't feel well enough mentally. The only reason we won't be able to go is if something is physically wrong with myself due to pregnancy complications or with my unborn baby. Otherwise we have to go, that itself is causing me a huge amount of stress.

I just feel so scared and helpless right now

KLP
20-01-14, 14:01
I know this may seem unhelpful at the moment, but having gone through a miscarriage, my nurse reminded me that as long as you are feeling the rush of hormones (morning sickness) then your baby is developing wonderfully. It may slow down very soon as your 14 weeks. Keep taking the sickness tablets. Drink plenty to keep yourself hydrated. Do some hypnotherapy online, and also try breathing exercises. Good luck you'll be a great mum have faith. X