PDA

View Full Version : After images in vision

Freaked
20-01-14, 23:47
Me again :-( Been seeing really persistent after-images in my vision along with other visual stuff. Apparently it's a symptom of a brain disorder. I'm hoping it's my anxiety or the migraine I've apparently had for three weeks according to docs :-/

Anyone else get this? I have absolutely nothing to take for this anxiety and it feels so awful at this point. I just really want a headscan like now!

Leighroy
21-01-14, 00:39
Can you describe what you mean by after images? Similar to the shadow after you look at a light source?

I too am having problems with my vision e.g seeing small flashes, shadows and even on one occasion I seen a portion in my field of vision in red!

I attended an appointment with an optician just last friday, she checked behind my eyes (apparently for any signs of tumors). After the check up she stated that she couldnt find anything wrong with my eyes, that theyre perfectly healthy and that its more than likely my anxiety. She has referred me to an ophthalmologist due to strabismus surgey i had 18 months ago.

I never had any of these symptoms before my anxiety took over. Did they start after the anxiety? If so id probably be more inclined towards the anxiety part rather than anything with the brain.

I hope this helps as I know exactly what it feels like.

anxious_thoughts
21-01-14, 01:41
I've had this problem before, I also have brain tumour anxiety so it really worried me.
But I went and got my eyes checked back in September and turns out they're super healthy! Your eyes may just be a bit sensitive.

Freaked
21-01-14, 01:46
Thanks, yeah they started after the anxiety, which started after my low blood pressure/high adrenaline condition. Both the condition and anxiety can cause visual stuff and migraines so between the two I get a lot of freaky crap. Never had my eyes be funny for three weeks before though.

Yeah I mean after-images like from looking at the television and stuff. I had an ophthalmic exam two weeks ago (for a different visual problem) and they thought everything looked fine and it sounded like migraine. Really thought it would be gone by now though.

Leighroy
21-01-14, 06:45
Ive had a migraine that has lasted a week (the numbness part of the aura). Ive also been told my an emergency gp at the hospital that migraines can last weeks.

My eye symptoms started about a month ago too, thats what kicked my anxiety into overdrive. Ive seen a few gps and all say that i dont have a brain tumor. Ive also seen that im not the only person with this symptom.

So many health professionals wouldnt all get this wrong.