PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts that make no sense

montos
21-01-14, 00:56
Hello,

I suffer from anxiety on and off and I've pretty good lately until this Christmas. When away on a ski trip I found I couldn't sleep and I was getting random annoying thoughts when I tried or if I woke up.

It is just nonsensical words and phrases and the more I worry about them the louder they become. I used to get this all the time years ago when my anxiety was really bad.

Well I've been getting them for the last few nights but, more disturbingly, during the day as well. At first it was just in the morning but today they went most of the day too. I didn't sleep well last night and that's probably part of it. My anxiety was through the roof today too, at least compared to usual. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as I thought but it's scaring the crap out of me, especially the more I obsess about it.

Can anyone else relate to this? Any advice?

Montos

Corona89
21-01-14, 01:40
Had this as well at night. It's quite normal i think.. usually happens when you are just about to go into a sleep. Although never had it during the day.

PanchoGoz
21-01-14, 14:46
I have had it in the night and day...if you are overtired you are prone to your barin being a bit confused. It's nothing to worry about

teej
21-01-14, 16:47
I get this when I drink too much caffeine and then stop cold turkey, or too much sugar!

tommy1982
21-01-14, 20:56
this is extremely , extremely common , a lot of people get scared by it but its just part of anxiety called mind chatter.

Its like when your falling off to sleep you words go through your mind or half a sentance.

The way to stop it is to leave a radio or youtube on low in the background when you are going to sleep.

its notting to be worried about just anxiety,

montos
22-01-14, 07:38
Thanks guys! Knowing that it's just "normal" anxiety makes it better. Not quite 100% but much better.