PDA

View Full Version : sad

purplebear
17-11-06, 04:39
This is my first time here! I am up late and I can't sleep b/c I am freaking out! I have what I now just realized is health anxiety. (so i think) During the last year or two I have convinced myself that I have had HIV and Cancer. Which of course I don't. I now have had a headached for two weeks now and I "know" that I have a brain tumor. Most likely somthing that can't be cured and I will most likely die. I am now scared out of my mind and think I am crazy. I was laying in bed crying and was afriad to sleep, curled up in a ball, trying to take deep breaths. What happens if I don't wake up. GREAT that made it even harder to try. I understand that it is all in my head and try so hard to relax myself and talk myself out of these crazy thoughts! What is wrong with me? I want to go to the doctors, but I am aftaid that she will think that I am "crazy." Or say your fine and thats that. What do people do when this happens? I am scared and feel so alone. My husband is trying to be supportive telling me your fine...but I convince myself otherwise!!!!!!![V]

Christina :-)

yorkylover
17-11-06, 08:48
Hi Christina,the headaches are anxiety pet,where you are stressing your self so much.You need to see your doctor,who wont think you are mad.They see people like us all the time.Your not alone in how you are feeling,we all understand here.There is alot of help here and support for you.You are not crazy at all.;)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
17-11-06, 09:49
HI Christina,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice here while making new friends on the way,:D

Please take a look at this post, you will find it helpful:

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

LickeyEndBlues
17-11-06, 10:17
Hi Christina,

Welcome to NMP. What you write could be written by loads of folks in here at differing times. You sounds as wound up as a top through your anxiety and no doubt that is the cause of your headaches.

In this site you will find loads of help, advice and support, there are loads of folks who will be able to relate to how you feel. If you are having difficulty sleeping you could try the chat room, here you will get an ear if you need it, or a laff if you want to, or something to send you to sleep when we talk about the weather!!!

Great to see you in here, check out the health anxiety forum. You will get archive threads from the kindly admins satff in there.

Great to see you

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

manmoor
17-11-06, 10:56
Hi Christina,

A big warm welcome to you. I too have health anxiety so know how tough it can be for us. Everyone here is lovely and will make you feel very welcome.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lindalou64
17-11-06, 13:45
welcome...........im sure you will find alot of support and info on here.i wish ya the best.....................Linda[8D]

mad_shell66
17-11-06, 15:30
hi christina

welcome aboard.

you will make many friends here

shellxx

trac67
17-11-06, 15:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:37
Hi Christina

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel