PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests

willous1
21-01-14, 14:47
Hi everyone,

Went to doctors today for a check up and he was very different with me. When I said I have been tired and a bit dizzy as I have before he then said well have a blood test. I asked why and he just said well it we reassure the both of us? I then had my CBT session which was great and starts properly next week. The lady Nicola is great and I think this is a start but these blood tests have set me back a bit. It's only a two day wait though and I embarrassingly almost fainted although I hadn't eaten or drank this morning.
Anyone else had a blood test done for full blood count, liver etc. I just don't understand why it was needed.

nomorepanic
21-01-14, 14:53
Standard practice to be honest just to check all is ok

Phuzella
21-01-14, 14:57
Yes I had them couple of weeks ago, also thyroid and vitamin B 12 because I've been feeling dizzy and faint. They all came back fine as I'm sure yours will too.

willous1
21-01-14, 14:57
Thanks to the both of you. Funnily enough I'm not too nervous.

hangingbasket
21-01-14, 22:02
It was the first thing they did when I first went to doctors with anxiety problems. Think it's just standard practice. Now whenever I complain of anything.. the doctor reminds me of my clear blood results!

Shivmarie
23-01-14, 19:20
I had dizziness and fatigue sent for bloods, came back normal everytime. Stop worrying.

MRS STRESS ED
23-01-14, 19:28
Hi everyone,

Went to doctors today for a check up and he was very different with me. When I said I have been tired and a bit dizzy as I have before he then said well have a blood test. I asked why and he just said well it we reassure the both of us? I then had my CBT session which was great and starts properly next week. The lady Nicola is great and I think this is a start but these blood tests have set me back a bit. It's only a two day wait though and I embarrassingly almost fainted although I hadn't eaten or drank this morning.
Anyone else had a blood test done for full blood count, liver etc. I just don't understand why it was needed.

Yeah I was feeling dizzy they done my bloods this a normal procedure try not to worry im sure it will be okay x

saab
23-01-14, 22:29
Prob checking iron levels as deficiency can make you tired.