PDA

View Full Version : THINK I HAVE COME OFF CITALOPRAM TO SOON AGAIN

mandie
17-11-06, 10:24
Hi all

A couple of months ago I reduced my citalopram from 20mg to 10mg

I then had one tablet every other day and did this for a few weeks. Then i went to one tablet every few days and then the past 2 weeks one tablet every 5 or 6 days.

The past few days i have felt my anxiety creeping back. I get pain in my chest and back when im anxious and these pains are starting to happen more often. All my muscles ache which the doctor said before is because im so tense.

Im starting to think iv have serious illnesses again. This morning i woke up really hot and have a rash on my arms. Iv had this before when iv woken up which the doctor said was a heat rash. Iv starting panicking about it even though i have had few times before.

Iv had a headache on and off since yesterday which i no can be effects of coming off the tablets.

I just feel lousy, panicky and scared again.

This time last year I came off these tablets and within a couple of months i was back on them. The doctor said i came off them too soon and i cant help but think iv done the same this time too.

I feel like a failure. I really dont want to rely on medication all the time but feel how am i ever going to be able to come off it.

Anyone else tried and failed to come off the medication? Do you think i did it too soon again.

I took a tablet this morning even though i only had one on tuesday. Maybe its best i go back on them again.

Thanks for reading

love mandie xx

honeybee3939
17-11-06, 10:39
Hi Mandy,

I have had the same problem in the past with Citalopram, i been taking them for 8 years on and off, but realise now i have come off them too quickly also.
I am taking 10mg now 1 a day, i reduced them 6 months ago, at xmas i am going to reduce them to 5mg, and stop at that for a few months, hopefully with doing it slowly i will be able to come off them for good.
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a word with your GP? But dont feel like you have failed if you have to go back on them for a while, I have learmet with my past mistakes its better to come off them very slowly, Months rather than weeks.

Hope that helps.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

otis
17-11-06, 10:40
Hello - i am no expert on these things but i think you are having withdrawal symptons. I am in the process of withdrawing from seroxat 20mg. I have read before that under no circumstances am i to take a tablet one day and then nothing another day - its something to do with how long the medicine stays in your body. I have been given the liquid form of the medicine to help me come off seroxat. This way i can gradually decrease the dose (which i drop by 2mg every 3 weeks). I have been up and down with it, but i am finding it bearable.

Hope this helps

x

mandie
17-11-06, 10:53
thank you for your replies

So its probably not a good idea to go 6 days without a tablet and then take one.

My doctor is away for a few weeks. I think i will start back taking them every day and then come off them again but alot more graudual

love mandie x