PDA

View Full Version : help

tommy1982
21-01-14, 16:51
hi folks its been a really long time since my anxiety has bothered me I am so blessed that I get some relief from it with the medication I am on effexor225 as its a horrid horrid condition to have as you all know.

Well after a year and a half I feel like its finally caught up with me, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, later in the day I started feeling all shivery with a head cold or a flu, it seems my anxiety has managed to grab on to that and run with it.

I am in bed now all ackey, but the anxiety has me afraid to go downloads, has me trying to sleep but i am left just tossing and turning instead of sleeping, I know the bed is making me worse as its giving my mind time to think and run through lots of what if's but i feel with the cold i am not up to being downstairs the anxiety has me afraid of the cold feelings.

I took my effexor late today hopefully they kick in . I hope this is no the start of a breakdown , and its just a blip that will go away quickly.

I am so so afraid at the moment, man I hate this.

teej
21-01-14, 17:10
It sounds like just a blip. Your body will be diverting it's energies to fighting the cold / flu so you're going to feel down - most people do when they're ill.

Why not try and do something gentle to take your mind of it - even a jigsaw puzzle or something?

Try and get plenty of fluid too and remember to eat regularly! You'll be fine! :bighug1:

cloudbusting
21-01-14, 17:38
I agree with teej, we were all ill here over New Year, just as my anxiety was at it's worst and it was a difficult few days. You don't need to go downstairs, stay cozy and warm in bed until you want to get up.
Tell you what has been helping me *loads* to relax and drift off to sleep is guided meditation for anxiety. There are loads of them on YouTube if you do a search - pick one with a voice that you like, some of them can be a bit irritating :D
Feel better soon tommy
Lisa x

PhuzzBuzz
21-01-14, 18:14
I had the exact same thing happen to me at New Year's. I got really sick, pneumonia, and I felt so horrible that my mind slipped into anxiety and panic once again, even though I have been good for about 18 months now. Just focus on getting better physically. Once my physical symptoms went away my nerves calmed down.