PDA

View Full Version : severe anxiety in the mornings--HELP

mooks
17-11-06, 09:32
Hi Guys
IS it the same for anyone else?
You open your eyes and the panic just grips you...Just dont know why its come back again. I feel so defeated can't seem to control it. Am off work again..Just wish it didnt happen..no matter how relaxed I am before I go to slepp its the same every morning.

susie
17-11-06, 09:40
your not alone its horrible isnt it have a good day suexx

honeybee3939
17-11-06, 09:44
Hi Mooks,

I always found the mornings where the worst, your certainly not alone,

Here are some posts that may help:

Worse in the Morning
Mornings (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5489)
i'm crying!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6998)
MORNING FEELING (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7510)

Love

Andrea
xxx

candie
17-11-06, 23:14
Hi mooks,

I'm always worse in the mornings and the thing with anxiety is that its so up and down....but remember a bad morning doesnt necessarily mean a bad day.

Take care and keep smiling...Candie xxx:D

debera
17-11-06, 23:39
HI MOOKS
YES THAT IS THE WORST TIME OF THE DAY FOR ME AS SOON AS I GET OUT OF BED. I THINK THAT IS VERY COMMON WITH ANXIETY. ITS HARD TO GET A GRIP ON THINGS THEN. I STILL HAVENT FOUND A WAY OUT OF THAT AS OF YET. I JUST TRY AND THINK MORE POSITIVLEY.WE ALSO REALIZE IT IS ANOTHER DAY TO FACE.
DEBERA

mooks
18-11-06, 14:29
thanks guys is reassuring to kno others get this...I do feel ok as the day goes on..BUT .... I just want to get back to the last few yrs where it wasnt a problem???I dunno where its all come from...I really though I had beaten it
ANy theories experiences appreciated xxxxxx

honeybee3939
18-11-06, 23:37
Hi Mooks,

Like you i always felt worse in the mornings, the last couple of months i have been focusing on doing things on a morning and it as helped me lots. I joined a Social morning group at my local mental health clinic, when i first started i found it real hard to make the effort and go, but once i got there i felt alot better and the anxiety disappeared. Also i have joined my local walking club, we go for walks once a week in the morning, that as helped also, i have come to conclusion if i can have something to look forward to in the morning it really helps.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

clickaway
19-11-06, 00:04
hi mooks,

in a word, me too!

it may well be that your anxiety is rooted in your subconcious which comes to the fore when we are asleep. It takes me an hour to feel awake after I get up. I feel too scared to get up many mornings, but once up it eases.

I think Andrea's ideas on morning activities are good ones

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

happyone
19-11-06, 09:58
Hi,
I too usually find morning the worst, and mid evening.
Doc explained to me that it may be my seratonin levels are naturally at a low so even if on med that may be a dip.
I also often waken up from a bad dream, which I reckon is partly due to my anxiety depression condition and partly as a result of the meds
I comfort myself with knowing that it usually passes and have taken to going out running 3 mornings a week which has done absolute wonders for my state of mind.

happyone
x

d3niro
20-11-06, 20:21
Hiya i'm the same...... For 3 months now my mornings have been really bad! I can go to bed happy and relaxed with no worries at all...(my evenins are GREAT!) But the min i wake up....i fell sick, i'm shaking, i cry, i'm scared every single morning. People have adviced me to think of something happy and nice the minute i wake up....Thats impossible for me right now...the anxiety totally takes over. I haven't been to work since 4th oct. I just can't seem to face it. In the evenings i always have the courage to face work....and i say to myself "thats it 2moro i'm goin in" But then i wake up the next morning and i can't do it. I listening to my relaxation cd b4 i sleep at night and the minute i wake up.....i'm not too sure if its actually working yet:(

mooks
20-11-06, 20:54
thanks ofor that...Ive been off work since the 25 th Ssept...Im the same I can go to bed feeling great but the minute I open my eys its sheer hell...............I think positive thoughts etc before I go to bed but it just won't get any better

d3niro
20-11-06, 22:18
Hey mooks

Have u tryed listening to Paul McKenna he has all sorts of self hypnosis cd's.
I have a build your confidence its does work i have only listened to it for a weeks now....but his words are magic!
It will take a while but it truely relax's me.

baxwalker
20-11-06, 22:49
I find a long relaxing warm shower with music on can help although it's sometimes a struggle to make the initial effort to go in there.

John

anxious
20-11-06, 23:15
I always find morning the worse, i have actually been sick from anxiety on waking. I take beta blockers and get out of be at about 6am to take them so i'm not so bad when i have to get up.

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

d3niro
20-11-06, 23:28
Oh get sick all the time with my nerves.
I never used to....but i only have to have a bad thought and thats it....i'm vomitting.
I have to take travel sick pills everyday...to control it...its getting ridiculus now. i'm beggin to give up with everything.

taffysteve
21-11-06, 09:27
Yep - this is one I think you can safely rest assured that we can all relate to in one way or another.

For me, I wake up (usually around 4.30am) with a 'hit' of adrenaline so with a racing heart and a strong sense of foreboding.

Then, when I sit up, I have a wave of nausea which causes me to heave (but very rarely sick).

I sit down with Dr Weekes' book and try to settle myself but nothing will lift my mood (or stop my legs from bouncing rapidly!)

It usually stays this way until light starts hitting the living room window and I know that daytime has arrived.

Once I hit 8am, I float up to the bathroom and jump into the shower and get ready for work.

My first few hours in work can be challenging but usually, as the day progresses, my mood lifts, until I reach the evening when I feel back to my old self - and feeling positive that it's all finally behind me.

THEN - GROUNDHOG DAY!

I can definitely relate to how frustrating it is - it's something I am experiencing at this point in time - but I have come to expect the mornings now - and whilst that doesn't make them any easier, at least they don't come as any big surprise.

My final piece of advice would be to get back to work if you can...The longer you stay off, the tougher it will be to go back. Plus, it helps to keep your mind on your external world instead of your internal one.

Good luck - and know that you are among friends who really can relate!

Steve

***And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance***

d3niro
21-11-06, 23:00
I just don't understand why i feel great in the evenings (not that i'm complaining or anything):D
The thing is... I know this morning business is a "HABIT" now....and its tryin to get out of that habit thats hard. Like..... the min i wake up....if there are no butterflies in my stomach...i smile and then say to myself..."wow i feel great, no butterflies"...THEN bang it hits me.......they come bk..... its gettin out of the habit of thinkin about them is what i need to do...but i just don't know how to.
Lately i have noticed too i'm having quiet a few nightmares....i never really suffered these...but its becoming a regular thing now.
I hope my hynosis can finally get rid of this...i have my first session on Thurs...[8)]

mooks
22-11-06, 00:57
hi
I know what you mean...Ive started to feel good in the evenings and afternoons....but the mornings are horrendous...like you say you wake up open one eye and theres nothing then it just grips you...cant seem to get rid of it ....my therapist is puzzled also..Im having vivid dreams as well...let me know how the hypnotherapy goes.xx

taffysteve
22-11-06, 08:54
I think the trick here (though I am yet to master it!) is to not fear the moment it arrives...

What we are doing at the moment is saying to ourselves "Phew, it's gone. Thank God that's over.....oh no, here it comes again!" Then we tense up the muscles throughout our bodies and prepare for the attack.

What we need to do is accept that it is going to happen and allow it to do its worst...the worst that can happen is you will feel uncomfortable, on edge, nervous and a bit sick...Nothing we haven't experienced and survived before.

Of course, I know the theory behind beating it now - but I haven't got it down in practice yet!

Let us all know how the hypno goes!

Steve

***Fall down 7 times - stand up 8 times***

d3niro
22-11-06, 09:18
Goodmorning!
Sure i'll let u know how the hypno goes......it has been highly recommended, every1 behind me is supporting untill last night i got a phone call from my mother and she upset me by sayin...."Hypno isn't goin to put me bk into work"....."Hypno isnt goin to pay ur bills"

I'm not sure about u guys...but to get out of this i need something to look forward to.....something to guide me out of this. and by what my mother is telling REALLY isn't helpin.....of all people she she should know how i feel, she bought me up and see my suffer for 20yrs, why would she do this to me? i feel like she doesn't want me to get over this,....i feel weak, i feel like i can't do this on my own...thats why i chose Hypno. I go out, i go to my evening job, i visit my friends...(all with struggle) but i do it.

Thats much i can do on my own......but the Hypno is to try to put my negative thoughts into possitive thoughts. I'm not sure if i'll get get to the route of the problem, sometimes i wish i could then sometimes i wish i could just get rid of it all together.

has anyone here been Hypno? I hope i'm not relying on it?:(, Sometimes i do feel like this is my last hope, I've tryed theropy,meds,books (althought i havent read clare weeks yet[8D]) I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.

taffysteve
22-11-06, 09:40
Pleeeease mate - go and purchase Claire Weekes - honestly - fantastic!

You are right to question the amount of emphasis you are putting on hypnotherapy - you should probably spend a little time telling yourself that if it doesn't work it doesn't matter - rather than saying that this is the last avenue. There are always more things to try...

That said, I am a believer in it and honestly think you will feel a benefit.

Steve

***Fall down 7 times - stand up 8 times***

mooks
22-11-06, 09:41
i agree...many of us that suffer GAD have to cope with not only our own negative thoughts but those of others. My mother kind of says 'what have you got to be depressed about, or 'stop worrying' Yeah no sh"t sherlock...if it were that easy there would be no Pyschiatrists/therapist Meds anymore...
Its got better ..alot of mental health is being addressed however GAD and depression is often brushed away as 'minor' when its not it certainly has affected my life..and im desperate to escape it..
Feedback from Hypnotherapy would be good as its an option i have lloked at..
Ive ordered Clare Weeks so am going to give that a go.

BamBam
16-03-09, 16:24
I'm so glad to have found this site - I thought I was the only one!! I often wake up and I feel instantly sick - sick with anxiety. Once I've got up and had a cup of tea, done some exercise, I start to feel better.