PDA

View Full Version : Constant panic, can't calm down

beauty
21-01-14, 19:12
Over the past week I have gone from feeling fine to becoming a nervous wreck! I still don't know why this happening as everything was ok in my life and I was happy, but out of nowhere it started creeping in.

For the first few days of last week it was just a general nervous feeling that I could forget if I concentrated on my work. Towards the end of last week it got worse and I spent Thursday feeling slightly frightened and tearful. By Friday the panic was beginning and I spent the whole morning at work feeling the symptoms of panic, I didn't have a full blown panic attack but felt on the verge of this with increased heart rate, trouble breathing and generally feeling scared of everything around me and that awful feeling of dread.

Over the weekend I felt better, perhaps because I knew I could just relax and wouldn't need to be in work. But yesterday it came back and I had a terrible morning at work and barely got anything done. And today it has gone worse again and I've spent the whole day feeling frightened, nervous and experiencing the physical sensations of panic.

I've more or less stopped eating, my appetite has disappeared. And I'm struggling to stay positive and see a way out of this. I'm just praying for things to start to improve as I don't know how long I can put up with it.

Is anyone else feeling the same or been through the same, where it comes out of nowhere but completely throws you off course? It's hard to believe 2 weeks ago I was happy and relaxed...will I ever feel myself again?

Blondiegirl1
21-01-14, 19:24
Hello Beauty,

Yes I get this way also, I'm @ work now and have been panicky all morning, I feel like I want to cry for no reason, & keep getting out of breath, like I can't breath. That even makes my panic worse. I know I need to work so I try not to think about it. But it is hard. I also get nauseous and I do not feel like getting @ times, I feel on edge all the time, even sometimes @ home it creeps up on me. I'm a nervous wreck all the time, I do not know when it is going to creep up on me and I'm afraid to go anywhere. I have found a lot of support on here.

beauty
21-01-14, 19:33
Thanks for your reply : )

Have you felt like this for long? And do you find it's on and off or constant?

It worries me as people talk about having actual panic attacks that go on for a few minuts to half an hour, whereas this is like a lesser version of that but it can go on all day and be constant. It's almost like I need to have a full panic attack just to get it out of my system and let it happen!

Blondiegirl1
21-01-14, 19:43
My feelings came out of the blue and I have my good days as bad days. I have had this now for about two years on and off. I'm constant worrying if it will ever go away. When I think I am getting better, it pecks it ugly head and I am back to square one. It is like a roller coaster ride. The doctor has me on Zanax, which I only take when I'm feeling really bad. and also I take Lexapro. I have had a full blown panic attack and you don't want to go there, It is rally scary I have had them at night in bed, I feel as if I'm losing control, your body goes numb, you feel like you are going to die right there, & know one can help you. You feel as if you are not in control it is really hard to explain. I get this constant feeling of breathless which I have had checked and all is okay. The doctors says it a system of the anxiety.

beauty
21-01-14, 22:06
Yeah I'm getting the breathlessness too, I do have asthma but I know it isn't that causing it, it's definitely the anxiety. I've only been suffering for a couple of weeks but am already worrying over how long it will go on and wondering if I will ever get better again and be myself..

I'm not taking any meds but have had my first appointment with a counsellor on Monday and am returning there on Friday for a hypnotherapy session, really hoping it works.