PDA

View Full Version : Currently worried about a few symptoms.

anxious_thoughts
21-01-14, 22:56
Hello guys,
I can't get a few symptoms that have been happening to me on and off all day out of the back of my mind. I'm trying so hard not to think about them but I just can't!!
Since this morning I have had bad twitching all over, like constantly, more than usual. Throughout the whole day it has been on and off, mostly on my left side, as my left calf had a really bad twitch (gone now) and my left eyelid has been twitching badly as well, pretty much on and off. I also keep getting like tiny prickly sensations all over. I have been seeing more small white flashes in my vision today too, on and off. As well as small spurts of dizziness and this burning sensation in my right temple.

I've started e-counselling two weeks ago, and I can say I am happy with it so far. For those who are suffering HA, I just want to say that my e-counsellor told me to create a chart with three headers, date and time, anticipated outcome, and actual outcome. You need to answer the actual outcome a few hours after the symptom or the day after. Reading back on it you realize that the outcome is never as bad as you think it will be. It's quite helpful!

RoseEve
21-01-14, 23:04
I'm glad you are doing the program. I'm trying some self help exercises too. I get twitching all over but much more so on my left side. Especially my calf. I get the pins and needles too. Again my doc said it anxiety related. I don't get the flashes of light but I get floaters a lot. Feel better jenn! As always feel free to pm me :)

anxious_thoughts
21-01-14, 23:30
Thank you Rose!! That's great to hear about your self-help exercises. Twitching is quite annoying, lol. Seems like the one in my eyelid worsens when I rub it or touch it. Glad to hear your doctor isn't concerned about it, reassuring!! lol :)
I get floaters as well, although my eye doctor has seen them and says they're normal, as well as the flashes, I need to stop worrying about those, I always make myself think it's all related to this brain tumour I may have :(
Hope you're feeling better too, thanks again x

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

I meant to add this in my first post. While I was having dinner I felt this twitch/spasm sensation in the centre of my chest. I don't know many that have this, but they really start happening when I'm excited to anxious.

RoseEve
22-01-14, 00:04
I get that too. Sometimes it even feels like it's doing it around my heart. So strange.

nomorepanic
22-01-14, 00:33
I've started e-counselling two weeks ago, and I can say I am happy with it so far. For those who are suffering HA, I just want to say that my e-counsellor told me to create a chart with three headers, date and time, anticipated outcome, and actual outcome. You need to answer the actual outcome a few hours after the symptom or the day after. Reading back on it you realize that the outcome is never as bad as you think it will be. It's quite helpful!

so what would you say about these pains?

Fishmanpa
22-01-14, 02:48
Glad to hear about the counselling. That's a great exercise and tool that your counselor recommended and one that you can use along the journey to healing. It actually is one that you can use for everyday life too. Like work for instance...

Reaction to a situation (Boss is pissy with you) ...what you think is going to happen...what actually happens. I think I'm going to grab that one ;)

Keep up the good work... Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
23-01-14, 22:17
Haha, I never thought of it that way Fishmanpa, but you can definitely use it in your everyday life. Thank you!! :)

saab
23-01-14, 22:24
When you are anxious in general you notice every little bodily sensation and assign them significance. Before you would have ignored them or not even realised you had them. I often get the eye twitch, though funnily it just comes and goes and isn't really related to how stressed I feel.

Marietta08
10-02-14, 23:12
Hi jenn, I went to the optictians two weeks ago because I was getting some misty vision. The optician said my eyes were ok, the prescription hadn't changed or anything, so I calmed down a bit but then nearly a week later I started getting some eye flashes! I've had them in the past and they went away but I now seem to be getting them mostly when I'm near a particular light and watching TV. My eyes feel like they're twitching a bit too. (It's my left eye more than my right but happens with my right too). The optician did say that maybe the mistiness was because my eyes were a bit dry, so I got some eye drops. But now I'm thinking that maybe the eye drops have made my eyes more watery and could be contributing to the flashes because it first happened after I'd just put them in.

E-counselling sounds like a good idea, maybe I should look into it. It's good that's working out for you so far. :)

anxious_thoughts
11-02-14, 02:00
Hello Marietta
Thank you for replying! I'm sorry to hear about your vision problems. Seems like everyone who has anxiety suffers from it. Just like you I went to the optician a couple months ago and they didn't seem to worry about flashes when I asked. She told me only if they come all at once like a shower across your vision. So I'm not trying to worry about it too much anymore. :) yours sounds a lot like mine, actually

You should look into e-counselling, especially if you're one if those who spends lots of time in front of the computer or on your phone haha. It's very helpful! I've also had face to face CBT but I didn't like it too much

Marietta08
12-02-14, 16:52
Hi jenn, thanks for your reply as well. :) Our symptoms do sound similar. I'm trying not to worry too much as well. It's hard but I keep telling myself that I just had my eyes tested. It wasn't as bad yesterday.

I do spend a lot of time on the computer, lol. I've had face to face therapy and wasn't that keen on it either, so e-counselling might be better. Hope you're doing ok. :)

Havefaithx
12-02-14, 18:19
Hi jennclark,

I can definitely say I've had most of your symptoms I went to the dr about the twitching in my body and he said it is caused by stress nothing to be worried about. As for the dizziness i get this everyday I think until we have dealt with our Anxieties we will always feel dizzy on and off x