PDA

View Full Version : Cervical cancer worries

puzzledlass
22-01-14, 01:28
A couple weeks ago it was me worried about breast cancer, I told myself that if I got checked out and was all fine on the boob front I would stop worrying.

I should be so lucky.

A week or so ago I was lying on the bed and noticed that I was really aware of my vagina, sounds super odd and it's hard to explain. It was kinda a pain along with being really aware that it was there. lol. Thing is now that it was in my head, it wouldn't leave. Now I don't know if I'm imagining the pain or if it's actual physical pain.

So of course in my head I have cervical cancer. I've never missed a smear and am due again this coming may. Keep trying to tell myself of the stats (see link below) but still quite afraid.

http://www.nsu.govt.nz/current-nsu-programmes/1179.aspx

Any help or support would be much appreciated.

Ssquyres
22-01-14, 17:00
Have any of your Pap Smears come back abnormal? If not then you are in the clear. Also you never gave your age?
If your pap Smears have come back normal then you wouldnt just get cervical cancer really quick. Your doctor would have seen cancer cells and would have done either more testing or surgery. I had surgery down there because there were cancer cells, Not cancer just the cells. He said we need to do a Leep (which I dont think I spelt correctly) but that was the surgery I had to. They went in and cut out the section with the cancer cells and I have been just fine for over 3 years. But see my Pap was coming in as Normal then it came out as Abnormal and they took action. Listen to your doctors. If they dont call you right away about your test or seem concerned then you have nothing to worry about. But if you need that reassurance then I suggest going back to your doctor and telling him your fears.

Sorry this is long I just want you to feel better as we are in this world of fear. Aniexty and our brains can do a lot of things. Your brain could make you feel pain that is really not there. When we are so focused on something thats where we cause ourselves pain.

No worries. Your fine. :) I hope this helped out a lot