PDA

View Full Version : New and nervous

Donna123
22-01-14, 06:12
Hi my names Donna I'm new to here iv been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks 4 3 years now.it was only this year I felt ready 2 get help 4 it and I'm so glad I did its given me some of my life back thow iv got a long way 2 go yet but now I feel so scared iv only got 4 cbt sessions left then I'm on my own .b4 I started cbt I wasn't really living .not wanting 2 go out I just stayed in most of the time but I'm trying 2 do exposure therapy and its hard I wish there was a suport group in my area .has anyone else been threw this plz and if so did u find something else after u finished ur sessions plz

Antonio2301
22-01-14, 06:59
Hi Donna and welcome
You will find plenty of people who suffer just like yourself on nmp, myself being one of them
I completed my cbt last year and it really helped me, although at the moment I've sunk back into severe depression which gives me lack of motivation to do anything.
I seem to feel like this more this time of year as I also suffer with seasonal affective disorder aswell as anxiety & panic attacks which makes feel worse .Roll on summer. ..

Not a very uplifting welcome but just to let you know you're not alone and there's always someone on here to offer help & support
I hope things pick up soon , im sure they will :hugs:

Antonio

Marty_67
22-01-14, 07:03
Hi Donna and welcome :)

teej
22-01-14, 08:23
:welcome:

Have you spoken to your doctor about medication to supplement your therapy?There are some effective, safe medications you can take which really help just smooth over the blips.

I have taken citalopram and am currently taking sertraline. It's really helped.

jcd_gad
22-01-14, 16:48
Hi,

I supplimented my CBT with counselling and acupuncture... This really helped.

James