PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with gastritis? Need some advice here

pepperutchie
22-01-14, 06:30
Hi everyone, i just started my lanzomeprzole have dianosis of gastritis.. I am really such in a state of high anxiety over this last dec my mom had bleeding in her stomach which led her to be hospitalized for 10 days and suffered a minor heart attack. And even a cousin of mine last 2 weeks ago had this bleeding also. What i would like to know is how should i take care of it any support is higly appreciated thanks

pepperutchie
22-01-14, 11:55
Anybody?

HoneyLove
22-01-14, 12:20
Hi pepper, I get gastritis on and off. Anxiety can be a direct factor in getting gastritis in the first place, so it's important that you work on your stress levels and bring yourself down from that place of high anxiety.

What did your doctor tell you about dealing with it?

Usually it's treated by taking care of your diet, stress levels and sometimes with drugs like the ones you've been prescribed.

There's a little information on WebMD about it:

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-gastritis

EKB
22-01-14, 21:54
I found what helped the most was having really well planned out meals. Small meals that don't stretch the stomach too much. I'd eat as soon as I woke up, then mid morning, then lunch, then mid afternoon, then dinner.

Everyone is different, but I found starchy food like potatoes, cooked carrots, etc. and lean meat such as chicken really worked well for me. Bananas helped me too (but they don't help everyone).

Also, lay off any coffee, booze, NSAIDS (eg/ advil), and ASA. I'm actually still off coffee from my last bout (no coffee since November 19th). Ginger tea is also a great help (not too strong though). Also, drink as much water as you can manage. I personally found cool but not cold water to be the most help.

I've been off the PPIs (I was on pantoprazole) for a few weeks now. I'm not 100% normal, but getting there. I also found that once I figured out a few of my anxiety triggers, I got better faster. I also had to make a concerted effort to stop freaking out about my stomach... I visualized all sorts of horrible things going on in there, and it really made things so much worse. I just had to accept that my stomach was just angry with me, and that it would get over it if I was nice enough to it for long enough. Easier said than done, I know.