PDA

View Full Version : Stupid thoughts, quick reassurance needed

willous1
22-01-14, 08:25
Hi

I really want someone to tell me this is stupid. Working so hard lately and getting there. However this morning I have had a set back with my dementia thoughts. I had a dream but woke up in night and didn't know what I dreamt just remember coughing in it and a girl being in it but been panicking and not been asleep really since. Had another dream in night and remember it perfectly. My brain can't look logically although yesterday was first time I have almost felt normal in so long after my CBT. I had a normal evening and felt so happy. Does anyone else forget dream. Is it even a symptom?

Phuzella
22-01-14, 08:35
Everyone forgets dreams, don’t worry about it:)

Andrash
22-01-14, 08:56
I always forget dreams.

nightcat
22-01-14, 09:00
I always forget dreams.

this.

:flowers:

TooMuchToLiveFor
22-01-14, 14:11
Does anyone ever regularly remember their dreams? I don't think so. I certainly don't. Only on rare occasions.

Willous, my friend, stop this anxiety dragon in its tracks right now. Think about any tools you are learning from your therapist. You are doing better, and you want to be well- so do not feed the dragon. You do NOT have dementia. If you did- you wouldn't realize what you are forgetting. :winks:

Grab on to the rational thoughts. Do your mindfulness exercises, and do not allow yourself to start wandering backward on the road to Recovery! You can do it!

MrAndy
22-01-14, 14:14
I do TMT my last one was about a doughnut factory :D

TooMuchToLiveFor
22-01-14, 14:17
Yum. Doughnuts. LOL!

Now I want doughnuts. Thanks a lot, Mr.A! :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
22-01-14, 14:40
Yum. Doughnuts. LOL!

Now I want doughnuts. Thanks a lot, Mr.A! :roflmao:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh1AFma6FbtnaqPLd3VCuiu9XqrT9PU Sp-UWvobAQOBInBiPKz
Yummy Thoughts

MrAndy
22-01-14, 14:43
a doughnut a day keeps anxiety away.................

TooMuchToLiveFor
22-01-14, 14:45
FMP- I was TOTALLY trying to figure out how to do my "doughnut post" in Homer's voice!!! That is exactly where my mind was!

A doughnut a day keeps my bikini away....... :roflmao:

Brunette
22-01-14, 15:20
It isn't a symptom of anything - most people forget most dreams.

Think about it this way: you didn't forget yours - you remembered some of it.

AnxietySufferer
22-01-14, 16:44
I literally NEVER remember my dreams!!