PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what this is??!

Autumn
22-01-14, 09:32
I keep getting these episodes on and off and I can't work out what is going on. It seems to happen about half an hour to an hour after I've just eaten. I start to just feel weird and a bit light headed - my body feels heavy and my heart starts to race and then I have skipped heart beats. It feels like I'm going to pass out but I don't. I am not sure if something else is going on. I start to panic as soon as I get this weird feeling because obviously I am scared. I dont get this feeling at any other time during the day even after eating. What could it be? Anyone?

Thanks!

HoneyLove
22-01-14, 09:39
Hi Autumn, have you chatted with your doctor about this one?

It sounds similar to what I sometimes get due to acid reflux. When it first happened I had no idea what it was except that my heart was pounding and skipping beats and it frightened the life out of me lol.

I thought that acid reflux meant heartburn, but actually it can often have lots of different symptoms without any pain at all. The fact that this is happening after you eat is a big clue that it may just be reflux.

Next time it happens try having a couple of antacids to see if it helps, but it might be worth chatting to your doctor about too.

Autumn
22-01-14, 09:41
Hi Honey,
I think I will mention it to my doctor. If it was acid reflux, wouldn't I get it after every meal?

HoneyLove
22-01-14, 09:46
Not necessarily, reflux doesn't always happen. It depends on what you eat, how much you eat and even what kind of position you're in or what you're doing after eating.

Different foods will have different effects on your acid levels and pressure in your stomach, so some of them are more likely to cause reflux than others.

Autumn
22-01-14, 09:50
Thanks Honey. Will have a chat with my GP.