PDA

View Full Version : breathing problems or worse?

clairegibsonx3
22-01-14, 11:22
I feel like I am constantly analysing my breathing and feeling like I'm not getting a satisfied enough breath, every night before bed I feel like I am making myself breath and I feel like I get adrenaline in my upper stomach and chest, I'm really freaking out incase this is something more important than anxiety. Every morning I wakeup and I feel like my breathing is very strange! I haven't had any pains in my chest or back just shortness in breath. I cant even explain it and when I fall back asleep it feels like I'm slipping into becoming unconscious or something. P.s I have experienced sleep paralysis before but this feels totally different. Please someone help, any comments will be appreciated.

HoneyLove
22-01-14, 11:33
Hi Claire, your post stuck out to me because you talk about feelings of adrenaline in your stomach and chest along with feeling like you're making yourself breathe.

This used to happen to me as a result of acid reflux coming up at night when I lay down. I know the breathing thing is unusual with reflux but the acid can irritate nerves in the area, as well as get into your lungs so it can cause you to feel weird in your chest sometimes. If your stomach is acidic it might also feel a bit swollen or bloated and make your breathing feel more laboured either.

I also have issues with breathing when I'm feeling particularly stressed, so sometimes at night it will feel like I suddenly need to gasp for air as I am falling asleep. You'll find a lot of posters here talk about the same issue.