PDA

View Full Version : Eating

beauty
22-01-14, 11:49
Does anyone else find it incredibly hard to eat while suffering panic symptoms?

Firstly I find my appetite has gone meaning I dont actually want to eat in the first place and I don't enjoy food.

Secondly it physically feels difficult to eat. It heightens my panic symptoms as it creates a bit of a suffocating feeling while the food is in my mouth.

Just wondered if anyone has any coping strategies for this? I'm eating so little and afraid of losing weight.

KLP
22-01-14, 11:56
Yes, yes and yes. Had all those. You need to do some relaxation techniques use itunes, hyponotherapy. Take 30 mins out of your day. And lie down it'll teach you breathing exercises and and help redirect your thoughts. In was like you. But it will get better, yesterday was the first day since oct I've had 3 meals. You need your energy as anxiety zaps you big time.

teej
22-01-14, 13:19
Yup - I lost about 1.5 stone in my latest anxiety bout but now I'm feeling better I'm struggling to keep the weight off. See that cake? Nope. I just ate it.

Being mindful about my food really helps.

TooMuchToLiveFor
22-01-14, 13:30
Hi Beauty,
I, too, lost over 20 pounds in just three weeks when my panic hit in November (and I'm a petite, fairly slender gal to begin with).

I survived on Ensure protein drinks, drinkable yogurt, and smoothies. It will get better.. Be sure to stay hydrated by drinking as much water as possible.

beauty
22-01-14, 18:48
Thanks for your replies everyone, it is good to know I'm not alone.

I'm hoping when the panic symptoms pass I will go back to eating normal and find it easy like I usually do.