PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

strawberrygirl
22-01-14, 18:03
Hello, everyone. I have been visiting the site for about a month now, but only registered today...
I have probably had anxiety attacks for some time, but not identified them as such. The worst started on Christmas day, and just progressed, heart palpitations, chest tightness, unable to breath. I had not slept for several night. Then I found this wonderful web site. I read all information you provided, & followed the breathing techniques etc. which have really helped.

My Doctor has been lovely & is happy to see if I can manage my anxiety attacks myself. Dr Bach & his rescue remedies have also been a god send.

I just wanted to thank all you lovely people with this fabulous site, it has been such a help to me & is always there when I need some guidance.

Thank You.

teej
22-01-14, 18:39
:welcome:

You sound so strong and brave. I just went to the doctor and asked for every medication going. :D

Please contribute here if you feel you can because you sound to have a lot to give to others.

Antonio2301
22-01-14, 18:58
:welcome:
strawberrygirl

You sound as though you're doing really well , keep it up :yesyes:

Antonio

strawberrygirl
23-01-14, 11:49
Thank you both for such lovely responses.

I just wanted to understand what was happening to me as fully as I could & know that it was a part of me, but not be defined by it.
I have also have bouts of depression, over the years, & I tackled it in a similar way.

I find walking helps (my poor doggie was very short legs now!) & I use distraction a lot. I sleep with the radio on very low to stop me over analysing the rubbish of the day, & I write.

Thank you both again & thank you teej :blush: , if you feel that I could be of any help to others, then I & very happy to contribute.

Best wishes. :flowers:

Tanner40
23-01-14, 12:17
Welcome Strawberry Girl. It sounds like you are doing many great things to begin helping yourself. You will find a great deal of help on this site. I know that it has helped me immensely. Good luck on your journey.

strawberrygirl
23-01-14, 12:22
Thank you Tanner,
I so glad the site has been of help to you too.

Best wishes to you.