PDA

View Full Version : Sore lumps on head and - worried again!

CeeCeeCee
22-01-14, 18:06
I have some sore lumps on my head, I think they might be with stress but still scared it's something else, anyone had this? My jaw and temple hurt and my neck a bit. It's probably because I grind my teeth but not coping well at the moment and feel very low. Also, I have just had my 3rd tummy bug in a few months, It always seems to be when I am away from home, I was really sick and nauseous for a full day and night, no relief. Feel a lot better now but it seems strange they keep recurring.

LunaLiuna
22-01-14, 19:09
Sounds like you have the same problem as me!

I would go to the dentist and ask for a mouth guard for the clenching, it helps. jaw and temple aches are typical for grinders ;)

Regarding the sore lumps, I've had this as well. I read that it's muscle knot's caused by TMJ.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Here, this is a list of all the problems the jaw joint can cause :)

http:// http://www.healthboards.com/boards/tmj-disorder-temporomandibular-joint/108754-symptoms-tmjd.html

If that link doesn't work type in symptoms of TMJD in google then go to the health boards link, don't worry, it's just a muscle :)

CeeCeeCee
22-01-14, 19:12
Thanks Luna, I have been thinking about a guard, just don't want to have the hassle of wearing one. TMJ, had to look it up. I may have that then?

LunaLiuna
22-01-14, 19:15
To be honest my guards hardly caused me any problems, all it does is fit onto my bottom teeth. it's like a super thin see through gum shield, you can even talk with it in :)

CeeCeeCee
22-01-14, 19:26
I think I'm going to have to try one. That link doesn't work Luna?

LunaLiuna
22-01-14, 19:34
I thought it would do that, just type in what I wrote underneath :)

And yeah you probably should, it's better than loosing teeth!

CeeCeeCee
22-01-14, 19:44
Thanks Luna, didn't read that part, sorry :-/

LunaLiuna
22-01-14, 19:46
it's fine, good luck!

By the way medication can make it a little worse unfortunately :l