PDA

View Full Version : Update on breast clinic visit

Kirbear
22-01-14, 18:45
So, been to see a consultant at a private hospital. He has checked the lump I have in my breast, he isn't worried about it he thinks it could be a cyst or a fibroadenoma. He would like to do an ultrasound either tomorrow or Friday (the radiologist will call me) to see exactly what it is and if it's a cyst they may drain it. Back next Wednesday for results.

Now, as he has said he's not worried should I now stop fretting so much?! I know he can't know for certain, but if he wasn't sure he wouldn't say he wasn't worried, right?

Fishmanpa
22-01-14, 19:04
Now, as he has said he's not worried should I now stop fretting so much?! I know he can't know for certain, but if he wasn't sure he wouldn't say he wasn't worried, right?

C'mon Kirbear... What's the answer to that question? ;)

Positive thoughts

Kirbear
22-01-14, 19:35
I know! Haha! :doh: Need a poke in the eye! Won't settle until Wednesday but do feel a bit better. Thanks for that Fishmanpa :D

sahara
23-01-14, 22:27
I went to the breast clinic Monday for a lump and they found a cyst when they did ultrasound. He sent me on my way! It was 5.2 mm so I guess to small to drain, but he did say before I went up he thought it was nothing bad! They can tell an awful lot by touch I think x

Kirbear
24-01-14, 10:54
Great news!! I do hope so, my scan is Tuesday and I've got an appt for results Wednesday so not waiting around much. Just panic as it doesn't hurt and of course I found that obscure site that says all painless lumps are generally malignant! And that was AFTER the dr had felt it! :lac:

meche
24-01-14, 11:17
I have a breast lump which is also Fibroadenoma. I noticed the lump years ago and went into meltdown. I stupidly tried to ignore it for a few days then when I checked again it was gone!!! Panic over. It turned up again a few years later and disappeared again - always in the same place. This was the pattern for years then last year I noticed it was back but it didn't go away and felt huge!!! Logically I figured it wasn't cancer because cancer doesn't come and go but it didn't stop me worrying. My doctor wasn't the least bit concerend but I was referred anyway - I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. I was scanned & a biopsy was taken and I got my results the same day. I was more shocked that the lump was (and still is) 3 x 5cm!!!! I could have it removed but it doesn't cause me any issues so I'm not putting myself through any unnecesary surgery..... and it will NEVER turn into cancer! Best of luck for Tuesday - you will have nothing to worry about. xxxx

namoplus
24-01-14, 13:35
If you are a HA sufferer never go for lump biopsy or surgery on your own choice, it causes more symptoms and problems. I've experienced that and I wished that I've never done that.

Kirbear
24-01-14, 15:28
Thanks Meche, that's reassuring to know. If it isn't anything to worry about I won't have anything removed. Why not have a biopsy namoplus? What sort of problems?

sahara
24-01-14, 18:58
My cyst is painless :)

namoplus
24-01-14, 20:42
Kirbear, after I had a breast core needle biopsy of a lump that was ill-defined and painless - which turned out to be just fat, my armpit lymph node swelled, I couldn't read anywhere that it was biopsy related, my surgeon told it was very normal and the lump could stay swollen for ever reactive to a large needle that cut my breast, I also had strange pains in my armpit after biopsy it is 5 months since then, dr google says that core biopsy's complications is very rare, and that caused more anxiety, I'm still do not believe that my lump was benign so I did two private ultrasound after that which both of them showed nothing to worry. I wish that I never had biopsy. :(

Kirbear
24-01-14, 20:45
Oh dear, sorry to hear of your experience. And thank you for the warning :) and also thanks to you both for telling me your lumps were both painless!