PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cancer worries

claire12
22-01-14, 19:55
Today I finally went to the gp again regarding my worries over ovarian cancer.
I saw a new doc who I have never saw before, I explained my worries to her and said I'm convinced I have ovarian cancer she looked at me like I was mad.
She examined me (thats three diffferent doctors now)and said that she couldnt feel anything no lumps or nothing, everything felt fine as it had done previously.
She said that as I have had these pains for 18 months they would have got worse by now.
After explaning all about my health anxiety she offered me the blood test for oc, she said that she does not normally offer this to people only when doctors are concerned that their patient may be suffering with oc but because of my anxiety and to help me get better she did the blood test, ive now got an agonising wait till next thursday for the results.
She has however reasuured me greatly, she said its virtually unheard of in someone my age with no family history, chances she said are like one in a million.
She was also keen to know how and when all this health anxiety started, no one in my family has ever been seriously ill or anything would love to understand why im like this :(

Fishmanpa
22-01-14, 20:11
she said its virtually unheard of in someone my age with no family history, chances she said are like one in a million.

Just be careful in a thunder/lightning storm - 1 in 3000, your car - 1 in 5000, or meteorites - 1 in 250K, or even a viscous dog - 1 in 700K. If that doesn't put 1 in a million into perspective I don't know what will ;)

Positive thoughts