PDA

View Full Version : Memory loss and alertness

Rennie1989
17-11-06, 16:23
Hiya all

I am going on a date tomorrow a month and a half after breaking up with my boyfriend.

I feel really strange, and have been for the past week. I am very nervous about this date because I am getting this bus for the first time in years on my own.

Well my symptoms. I have had some memory loss. My Mum and Dad tell me to do certain chores and I forget them, and my Dad thinks I'm lazy when infact I have totally forgotton. I was getting worried if I had short term memory loss 0.o Is this a common symptom of anxiety?

Also I feel really alert. I look around all the time and I am constantly checking the time on my phone and whether I still have my MP3, keys, train ticket and phone on me and when I can't feel it in my poket I get a palpatation (I started worrying if I had OCD). This is annoying because I am also scared if I do something stupid, like fall over so I am making sure that I am walking properly, even swinging my arms properly!

What I just explained, are they common symptoms of anxiety? But the case of checking my stuff all the time is a cause of concern for me.

AKA Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
17-11-06, 16:26
Also my sleeping patterns have changed, some days I don't feel tired at all and 4 hours of sleep is fine for me and other days I need over 12 hours sleep.

AKA Scooter Girl

Southern_Belle
17-11-06, 17:18
Hi Jadey,

I would say if this has just happened since you accepted the date then yes it is pure anxiety and you will settle down after the date. Plus, congrats to you in advance for being so brave to go get on a bus. This date has many things to be anxious about but so worth it. Have a great time!

Belxx

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Rennie1989
19-11-06, 08:47
Hiya

I got on the bus, yes I was shakey, but I did it. Thanks for your advice, Southern Belle

AKA Scooter Girl