PDA

View Full Version : my first "blip"??!! WOO HOO!!

EdnaLegume
23-01-14, 02:50
I think I'm experiencing my first blip!! Pretty excited about it. :huh:

I figure this just means I'm that much closer to smooths sailing. I'm currently about 5 1/2 weeks in. Horrid side effects initially. Actually posted the other day about feeling so good. Murphy's law eh?

Yesterday and today, been having some light headedness/dizziness, bit of anxiety, some headaches (which may be sinus related), all in the evening which is when I had the worst of my symptoms in the beginning. Just realized after reading some threads on 'blips' that I'm close to my monthly and had to stop myself from slapping myself on the forehead. :doh:

Seem to recall someone else had a roller coaster between 5-6 weeks as well. I'm staying positive though. Klonopin to get some sleep at night and try to get a little more active during the day to keep my mind occupied.

Been feeling really good lately. Still dealing with crazy muscle tension in my neck/shoulders and TMJ symptoms (jaw clenching) and waking during the night but I manage to get back to sleep. Tired during the day but I slept so poorly for nearly a month I figure a little fatigue during the day is par for the course still.

onward and upward!

teej
23-01-14, 08:07
I researched and found it can take up to 2 - 3 months to settle properly onto citalopram. You sound positive though which is really... ummm positive! :yesyes:

My blips were so utterly horrendous - I got full spectrum of side effects back each time so you're definitely in a much better place than I was.

Keep us posted and keep positive!

EdnaLegume
23-01-14, 20:37
bit more anxiety today and floaty head feeling but still staying positive. Going to give this Cit a good 4 months to see if it's a good fit for me. If not I'll just go back to Zoloft, which I've been on in the past.

Marty_67
23-01-14, 22:37
I had a bit of a funny day today when confiding in someone..I thought talking was meant to make you feel better!!! I think it was just the thought of opening up made me anxious.

Every day is a bit of an unknown journey but it is getting better. I have stopped trying to plan to far ahead and be a bit more spontaneous and that has definitely helped.

Marty

Marty_67
24-01-14, 11:00
Definitely mid-blip myself. Five weeks in and had a couple of anxious days. Like you said Edna, hopefully this is the storm before the calm.

EdnaLegume
24-01-14, 13:15
Definitely mid-blip myself. Five weeks in and had a couple of anxious days. Like you said Edna, hopefully this is the storm before the calm.

comforting to know I'm not alone! Love this board.

Marty_67
24-01-14, 13:57
comforting to know I'm not alone! Love this board.

Together we are stronger!

Having a rubbish day, on here for some support! :)

jrpuk
30-01-14, 20:29
IM only into my 3rd week now so , look like I have got a long way to go before being rid of side effects. I was on mirtazapine previously but Crisis team said it wasn't working

Marty_67
30-01-14, 21:45
Hope it goes well jrp, welcome to NMP!

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Together we are stronger!

Having a rubbish day, on here for some support! :)

Still 'blipping' a bit :(