PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems talking on the phone?

agneskrob
23-01-14, 09:44
Hello

I suffer with anxiety and agoraphobia. I was just wondering if anyone else gets very stressed and anxious having to make phone calls to sort something out. At the moment I'm trying to speak to someone about a WRAG appointment I have to go to for ESA. I tried ringing yesterday but was told I had to ring back today and when I did the man I spoke to seemed very cross with me that I was ringing. I still didn't get to speak to the adviser I need to, so will have to ring again but I'm very worried about it:weep:

Whenever possible I get my husband to make the phone calls but he's at work. I have to try and reschedule the appointment for a time when my husband can come with me, so it isn't something I can give up on. I guess im just wondering if anyone else has problems on the phone especially when it is something important , and if you have any tips that help. Thank you and hope you are having a calm day x

Jenwales
23-01-14, 10:39
Yes I've always hated making phone calls. It's one of those things that the more you do the less you will be anxious about it.
Try phoning family or friends regularly, make little goals e.g. phoning a shop to ask about a product.
The person who rung should have been more helpful and kind to you since I'm sure that's their job

trish1955
23-01-14, 11:11
I am like this I hate it I pa e up and down feel so anxious all the time get all tongue tied hate ringing I am same wen anybody rings me. I am agoraphobic to I to could go out with hubby or daughter but been so bad these days can't do it I want a full blood doing last time I had it done they came out to me but say they don't ave recorded to do it at home now so I won't get it done will I NHS as really gone to pot I rember when hour doctor made house calls them days long gone yr doctor new WNO you were now they forget u the minute you leave sometimes you feel like wen you go they guessing what might be wrong with you sorry gone off wat the thread was about lol