PDA

View Full Version : Really would like some feedback pretty plz.

KLP
23-01-14, 11:13
Over the last few weeks I have felt better in the sense, I have more energy, I've not been so tearful, this maybe a result in tests coming back to me as 'FINE'. Great right?? But a few concerns that keep my mind from being healed.

1) my nervous system is still out of whack, what I mean is when still, I feel the surge of persistent pulses, and I don't mean muscular twitches that happen in specific parts of the body like eyes/thigh/arm/abdomen. Nerves that are continually present, subtle as they may be, I still feel concerned about this response.

2) my visual disturbance, unlike many on this sight who describe there experience with vision to be short lived (no disrespect) I.e whilst in a panic attack. And describing their experience such as; floaters/one eye blurred/blurred for a whilst in an attack. I can't equate mine as depersonalisation/derealisation. But true vision disturbance that has been consistent for 4 months now.

I would love some feedback on your viewpoint on these two issues of mine that are my daily symptoms.

I've had tests;

Eye test: FINE
MRI: FINE
sigmoidoscopy: FINE
Ultrasound of abdomen: FINE
Ultrasound of Bust: FINE
Mammogram: FINE
FBC: ok, but low white blood count indicating viral (Nov), (had repeat test today)
ECG: FINE
Thyroid Test: FINE
Kidney function: FINE
Liver function: FINE
lastly I suffer from fairly low blood pressure.

I really appreciate any viewpoint you have on this. Many thanks :yesyes:

LunaLiuna
23-01-14, 12:39
Like you said, your nervous system is still out of whack, it just so happens that your eyes are one of the most complex parts of this system, as they have to respond to light, filter out colours etc.

To me you just need sufficient rest, and by rest I mean relaxing, and dreamless sleeps. Also check if your getting all the right vitamins as these have a vital role in eye health :)

Fishmanpa
23-01-14, 12:59
When you look at the physiology behind anxiety, what you're feeling makes sense. You said it yourself... your nervous system is still out of whack. That's what the illness does. Your brain's signal paths are screwy. It interprets input and sends the wrong signals despite feeling calm etc. That's why so many get twitches out of the blue or all of sudden get a panic attack out of nowhere.

I'd say what you're feeling is normal for an anxiety sufferer. That's why CBT works so well. It helps train your brain to react properly to stimulus. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, determination and a concerted effort. Being realistic too, blips are going to happen when a wire gets crossed. Just like in a car's electrical system, the mechanic has to check one connection at a time and sometimes several things need to be rewired before all the blips go away.

Positive thoughts

Andrash
23-01-14, 13:15
Fish, are you a car enthusiast? :)

Fishmanpa
23-01-14, 14:30
Andrash,

Not so much as I'm a truck kind of guy but I worked in the auto industry for several years and I know the business as well as the science behind the vehicles.

Positive thoughts

KLP
23-01-14, 16:57
Fish I like your analogy.

Andrash
23-01-14, 17:10
Andrash,

Not so much as I'm a truck kind of guy but I worked in the auto industry for several years and I know the business as well as the science behind the vehicles.

Positive thoughts

Oh I see.Asked because you use a lot of car analogies-they're good and colourful, of course, so keep up the good work :)

KLP
28-01-14, 13:03
Over the past few days I've been thinking I may have fibromyalgia? Now the only conclusion that might disperse this theory, is I don't have chronic pain, could you get mild fibromyalgia? The reason I've thought this over the last few days is for a while I've had tender pressure points both in the arch of both feet (like it's about to cramp, but never does!) and then see in the muscle between my thumb and forefinger which extends to the centre of my palm again in both hands. Nerves that continue to flow through my body as though their on a roller coaster ride. The only saving grace is that I sleep well, it's only ever woken me up once where I thought my left foot was about to cramp. Finally the tenderness seems to heighten and decrease but not to the extent it completely disappears!!! Forgot to add... My ankle joints in both forefingers are slightly tender , I find it difficult to open unscrew bottle tops without a towel for assistance. Age 38! Maybe onset of arthritis!!!!! Argh driving myself potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:unsure:

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Lastly....... Certain parts of my body when touched feel like touching a bruise !!!

Just a thought!