PDA

View Full Version : A 100% last reassurance post

willous1
23-01-14, 14:28
Hi I'm feeding the dragon but making this last post then all going to be positive from here. I was testing myself and quickly thought what's the date. Without thinking said 24th and looked on tv and it said 23rd. If I actually thought about it I would have known as know it's 27th on Monday as I'm getting my last pay from work. Just worried because it said in a paper that on dementia test they ask for today's date. I'm my own worst enemy. Do people lose track of date Ect. I can't be logical and say oh I just wasn't thinking.

Libra
23-01-14, 14:33
I don't even know my age sometimes and ask my husband . I just have a laugh about it , we all get fuddled at times.

willous1
23-01-14, 14:37
Thanks, is the date thing normal then?y wife didn't know today's date and I know she hasn't got dementia. After this I am only posting positively no matter how hard

emlica
23-01-14, 14:47
I wouldn't worry. My boss - who definitely doesn't have dementia! - quite regularly asks 'what date is it today?' and she even has it in the bottom corner of her computer screen. I quite often have to think about it quite hard. My boyfriend regularly forgets how old he is. Not a sign of anything worrying!

katesa
23-01-14, 15:00
Hiya Sean,

Yes it's normal chick.

Forgetting "things" is normal. Forgetfulness is normal.

willous1
23-01-14, 15:13
Hi Kate, thanks. Hope your okay.

unsure_about_this
23-01-14, 15:25
Seems normal to me. My Dad get mixed up between the dates of my birthday and my mums birthday as there are next to each other (mine is on the 8th december, my mums is on the 9th december. But since my parents live together.

I sometimes get mixed up with days and dates, I am unemployed all the days seem to me like there are rolled into one.

RoseEve
23-01-14, 15:25
I just asked one of my students what the date is. I had no clue. I'm lucky I know it's January hahaha. Totally normal!

willous1
23-01-14, 15:29
Thanks guys, I'm fine about this now. Just panicked.

Brunette
23-01-14, 15:57
100% last reassurance post?

You are still running another thread about the same thing.

You need to log off and calm down. Go for a walk, read a book, have a cup of tea. Just stop posting.

meche
23-01-14, 16:19
Perfectly normal.... well, for me anyway. I've lost track of what day it is and have asked what date it is more than once today. I really should know because it's my nieces birthday!!

nightcat
23-01-14, 17:41
i've been forgetting that today is even my birthday :blush:

cut_out_stars
23-01-14, 17:44
i've been forgetting that today is even my birthday :blush:

Happy Birthday!

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Ahh, this is really normal. I couldn't tell you what day or date it is today. I can also never remember when my boyfriends birthday is.. We've been together 10 years :roflmao:

willous1
23-01-14, 17:54
Ha thank you, I'm really seeing Tomorrow as a new dawn. Today's just been a set back. My boy just hit his head slightly on the side of his bed and I said did you and began a word with l quickly and thought what was I going to say. Probably lunge. I then panicked thinking did I forget a word. This bloody dementia thing. I'm taking a diazepam and going to bed soon and I literally swear from tomorrow no more reassurance. But is this strange? If it was dementia would It be different. Just need some reassurance on this if it's normal as it really is Helping today but I know in the long term it's bad.

cut_out_stars
23-01-14, 18:06
That's a good way to think about things - everyone has setbacks and off days (I'm having one today sadly) I'm guessing that's the nature of the beast with HA. Sometimes, I've even if it's just a quick fix, we all need a bit of reassurance :)

willous1
23-01-14, 18:13
Do you think that what happened is normal?

Worriedwellornot
23-01-14, 18:26
Yesterday I completely forgot my make and model of my car, but I've put it down to the amount of work I'm doing and my glad is too full of facts!

MRS STRESS ED
23-01-14, 18:36
Willous its perfectly normal to forget things ,words dates we all do it ,lol if my head was loose I would forget it :D dont worry x

Shivmarie
23-01-14, 19:17
I woke up Saturday thinking it was Wednesday. I've been writing 2013 when it's 2014. Are you being tested for dementia? That's crazy.