PDA

View Full Version : need medication but too scared....

nb79
23-01-14, 16:47
Hi all

I'm having a pretty rough time at the minute....moving in on my own for the first time after a split and I'm struggling to sleep through worry about my job and money!

I bought some st Johns wort to take but haven't managed to take any as I'm worried about side effects, I thought about antidepressants but I'm sire those side effects would be worse. I need something to help me through this tough time but I'm so nervous.
Has anyone or is anyone taking st Johns wort....does it help??...any side effects??

KLP
23-01-14, 17:18
Burt's remedies is a natural product with no side effects.

nb79
23-01-14, 17:19
Thanks
Does it work?

Karenina
23-01-14, 17:33
Hello
I have just joined the site today and going through similar through a breakup. I am doing everything I can to avoid medication and have tried St Johns Wort with no side affects, but am sure you shouldn't take when pregnant. I prefer the herbal route and using calming herbal suppliments, most contain hops, valerian, passion flower and I find they are helpful with no side affects. Camomile tea is good if you don't mind the taste (add some juice), and have also tried melissa (lemon balm) which I think helps. The biggest help I find is using the breathing and have recently started a meditation class. Only downside is the amount of effort and cost all this takes, but there's no price on health. I hope this helps.

nb79
23-01-14, 19:03
Thanks for that...did the SJW work?

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Could you tell me some of the natural things that helped?

hangingbasket
23-01-14, 21:40
some people swear by st johns wart and various other herbal remedies. obviously they work for some people.

personally, my anxiety was WAY past being managed by herbal stuff. none of them worked... not even slightly.

Might sound over the top to some people but citalopram saved my life!!!

KLP
23-01-14, 22:04
I'm on day three, so can't tell. But I have felt better. Sound contradicting!!!!! But I've had tests that result in them being fine. So maybe that!!,