PDA

View Full Version : Closed eyes flashes

thekinginthenorth
23-01-14, 19:45
I've read on anxiety center that flashes and shapes with eyes closed is a symptom of anxiety. However, last night I was trying to sleep, and my heart was racing slightly. My window made a loud sound! and there was a flash that covered my entire field of vision for a microsecond, there was nothing wrong when I opened my eyes. The flash was activated by the sound I heard...I'm tempted to start googling, but I know that if I do it can get out of hand. Has anyone experienced something like it? I have an appointment by the end of this month, should I wait that long?:scared15:

MRS STRESS ED
23-01-14, 20:00
Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean I only get this when I in bed usally when im drifting off to sleep ,its a big flash of white light but I also get flickering ,I spoken to my doctor he says its all related to my anxiety x

RoseEve
23-01-14, 20:43
I've been getting this recently as well. I think everyone has this happen but because we have HA we get super focused on it. I person with anxiety would just be like oh that was weird and forget it. But we will say why did that happen, what's wrong with me etc...

Althea
23-01-14, 20:47
I get that, especially if I'm taking Benadryl. If you think about it, it doesn't make any less sense than jumping at a loud noise--it's just nerves firing off in surprise.

thekinginthenorth
23-01-14, 21:32
Thank you guys, I didn't google after all, with the reassurance I'm far more relaxed. HA is simply scary, it's very underestimated. I appreciate the support, thanks again :)