PDA

View Full Version : What's my next move?.... your views please.

swifty
23-01-14, 22:02
Hi all,

I知 hoping that your replies may help me work out my next move, just over two years ago I realised that I have lived with anxiety & moderate depression most of my life. I知 a male in my early 50痴 & I知 a born worrier. After three visits to my GP explaining my situation, 12 moths ago I was prescribed 20 mg Citalopram. I take this 1st thing every morning, I still feel woosey & tired for a few hours afterwards everyday, I知 more relaxed nowadays, but I do feel resigned to accepting my limitations in life. I would love to achieve more of a free spirit approach to life & be able to be my own person, rather than just trying to pleasing everyone. Do you feel like this & is there any medication out there that may be a better choice than Citalopram? I still wake up through the night, getting anxious about the day to come, but feel better as the day goes on. I wonder if the may be a more suitable SSRI for me out there. Thanks in advance for your replies. :shrug::unsure::)

KLP
23-01-14, 22:30
Just wanted to say hi, your not alone, which I hope is a relief and share issues and concerns on this forum. A thought! My doc told me to take citalopram before bed? I decided not to take it. Accept my experiences and symptoms are a curse of anxiety, once doing this my symptoms have subsided somewhat, not there just yet! Do some yoga and meditation, also hypnotherapy on YouTube. Like you said try anything of a free spirit approach. Good luck

St. John's wort, multivitamins, Omega 3, Burt's remedies. Manuka honey.