PDA

View Full Version : Physchiatrist

Kmccluskey
24-01-14, 03:27
hey ,

my anxiety has got so bad that my GP wants me to see a physciatrist. part of me is happy about the referral and the other part is still worried about my symtpoms . recently I've been feeling really ill in cold wrather, like I have no tolerance to the cold. I have also lost loads of weight and been having chests pains regularly etc. will the physciatrist Abe beneficial because I can't comprehend how myind can create all of my symptoms, the extreme coldness, the feeling of extreme pressure, the pains, I could go on. the depression has got so bad , it's at the point of neglecting personal hygiene now. I'm scared as I get worse day by day and still live and feel like I have heart disease. my family are past breaking point. how am I going to benefit from the physciatric help when I still don't believe that's what's wrong. I'm deep in hell. last Friday I just sat in a and e for comfort. my life is ruined.

TooMuchToLiveFor
24-01-14, 04:09
Dear Friend,
Your mind isn't creating these symptoms- they ARE REAL...., but not from a disease you don't have. They are from anxiety. Anxiety meaning your sympathetic nervous system is over-reacting and sending adrenaline throughout your body. This gives you symptoms. Then your thoughts go to your "diseases" and tells your body that you are in danger (EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NOT). When your body gets the "danger alert" it sends more adrenaline into your system preparing you for "fight or flight".....and the loop begins.

Are you on any medication or therapy? Yes, you should see the pdoc. You are so worried about dying that you aren't living anyway. This does not have to last. Treat your anxiety, fight that dragon and get your life back.

Mark Bowden
24-01-14, 11:01
Hi,

Have to agree with everything TooMuchToLiveFor has said in her post.

Don't feel alone in your struggle as your issues are not unique. Many, many people suffer with these kinds of issues and everything that is going on in your head and body has been experienced by lots of people before.

By seeing the psychiatrist you are doing something very sensible... you are getting some help.

So many people suffer in silence.

The good news is that because so many people have suffered in these ways professionals (such as the psychiatrist that you will see) are able to provide help and guidance that are based on solid research and results.

Even when things get so bad, you never know when daylight is just around the corner